Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below are the descriptions of the maps available for my 2009 Ness Jackpot from Power Commander.

My question is (if anyone knows) why in map 002 does it say stock ecm? Aren't all the maps built off of the stock ecm???

Also it is an "advanced map" which leads me to believe it is the best one for my bike even though I currently have the S&S filter but with the Victory swept pipes with the catalytic converter section of the baffles removed.

I tried both 004 & 002 maps and both seem to run about the same!

When I removed the catalytic converter section of the baffles (before I installed the PC-V) I ended up with a lot of popping and backfireing.

That is all gone now and the bike runs great with either map, I do plan on putting on a set of RPW's slash pipes for better perfomance and sound soon, although the bike runs great as is!

Anyways, does anyone have any input regarding my question about "stock ecm" ???

I will try to contact tech support tomorrow and see if they can explain it but I was just wondering if anyone here knows anything about it.

19-002-004 -106" Model RPW Slash Exhaust S&S air filter

19-002-003 -Victory Performance exhaust Victory Performance air filter Table 1 is front cylinder

19-002-002 -*Advanced Map*, Slass Ness exhaust, S&S air filter, Stock ECM, Rev Xtend enabled, Table 1 is front cylinder

19-002-001 -Stock exhaust, stock air filter

19-002-000 -Zero map

·
Registered
263 Posts
I would assume the "stock ECM" would refer to the factory flash of your ECM, versus the flash done by dealers when you add stuff on. This makes a difference in the fuel table maps as they are making corrections to a different baseline than if the ECM had been flashed. Most people who have just the PCV without the Autotune tend to take their bikes to a good dyno man who can get their maps setup specifically to their bike. Just be diligent and do your homework however. Not all dyno people are good so get some real references and talk to them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts