Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, to start off I have a 2011 Victory Cross Country; I recently have purchased Arlen Ness Big Honkers, and the Victory Performance Air Filter, and a Power Commander V.

I considered having the dealer install the stage 1 map; however, they advised me that the map and install would cost around $210.00, I managed to find a Power Commander V for around $269.00 and decided to go that route (especially since its beneficial to future upgrades).

I had a PCV on my previous bike and dynoed and it ran perfect, so I know its a great product. Now I'm aware that a dyno tune would be best with the PCV; however, I don't have the funds for that. So I was looking to start off with a generic map (which can't be any worse than the Victory stage 1 download), looking on the Power Commander website I have located two maps that should work with my Big Honkers slip ons and the air filter. I was just curious as to which one you guys felt would be the best fit or choice; or if someone else has a map that they feel would work better for the time being until I could afford the dyno or auto-tune down the road. Here's the maps I've seen:

This one from the Cross Country/Cross Roads downloads:
19-009-007 Arlen Ness Big Honkers Exhaust, Arlen Ness High Flow Air Filter

And this one from the Victory Vision Downloads:
19-006-004 Arlen Ness Big Honkers, Victory Performance Air Filter, and Stock ECU

Just looking for a little input from you guys as to what you think the best map would be to use or if someone else has a different suggestion that will work at this moment; thanks everyone.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'm not a PCV user but I do know the intake systems on the cross bikes and vision are different. I'd go with the cross map and give a try. You already know you need a Dyno run for the best tune.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not a PCV user but I do know the intake systems on the cross bikes and vision are different. I'd go with the cross map and give a try. You already know you need a Dyno run for the best tune.

Yeah dyno run would be the best; definitely in the future. And I wasn't sure what if there was a difference between the vision and XC intake systems, thanks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
340 Posts
This one from the Cross Country/Cross Roads downloads:
19-009-007 Arlen Ness Big Honkers Exhaust, Arlen Ness High Flow Air Filter
I'd go with this one too, but honestly I'm not even sure what an "Arlen Ness High Flow Air Filter" is. I know they make them for other models, but I'm not aware of one for the Cross bikes. It's probably just the Victory Performance one you have. That, or maybe the map was miscategorized and should have been in the Vision section? Give it a shot and see how it runs.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd go with this one too, but honestly I'm not even sure what an "Arlen Ness High Flow Air Filter" is. I know they make them for other models, but I'm not aware of one for the Cross bikes. It's probably just the Victory Performance one you have. That, or maybe the map was miscategorized and should have been in the Vision section? Give it a shot and see how it runs.

Yeah I wasn't sure what they'd mean by that, but I'd assume it means the victory air filter (if not, it can't be too different). So I'll give it a shot and see how it runs.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Smart move getting the pcv instead of the stage 1. To take advantage of the pcv you will have to get it tuned, but you already know that. And the loydz air cleaner adds more power then the slip on muffler so get that before the dyno. The dyno jet maps are known for being to rich so try the one for the honkers, and if it is to rich try the map for the vic stage 1. It will still be a lot better then the vic flash.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I'll send you mine. PM me your email address.
Mine is XC with Lloyds Air Filter & Ness Thunderheader exhaust but mine was built for the Lloyds AF & the Honkers so it should be... PERFECT for your needs.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Smart move getting the pcv instead of the stage 1. To take advantage of the pcv you will have to get it tuned, but you already know that. And the loydz air cleaner adds more power then the slip on muffler so get that before the dyno. The dyno jet maps are known for being to rich so try the one for the honkers, and if it is to rich try the map for the vic stage 1. It will still be a lot better then the vic flash.

Well I tried the one map I posted for the XC and it's already running way better (not perfect) than it was before. I'm very happy with the map and can't wait for future upgrades with a dyno or auto tune in the future. It's a whole new feeling now, way better than my buddy's bike with just the stage 1 download.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Isnt the Vic shop in Indiana? If so you will find what you are looking for there.

·
13,254 Posts
miller_david1

Smart thinking by not buying the stage 1 down load. thumb up thumb up

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I really enjoyed my Suzuki C50 with the PCV and a dyno tune, so I knew it is a great product. Just saw no since in paying the $210 for Vic's download when I could get the PCV for a little more, and have an all around better running bike.

Not to mention the install was super easy (I didn't install the last one on my other bike), especially once you get past the injector portion.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I'll send you mine. PM me your email address.
Mine is XC with Lloyds Air Filter & Ness Thunderheader exhaust but mine was built for the Lloyds AF & the Honkers so it should be... PERFECT for your needs.
Just sent this map out to the last person who requested it. No more maps will be sent. I just don't have the time to police this forum. Just get the one I sent from any of these other 5 guys if you need it. :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts