Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put the new Power Commander V on the Cross Country? Is it worth the money for the power gain. I have 2013.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have a Power Commander V dyno-tuned on my Shadow and the difference was so impressive that I am considering getting that done on my Vic after a few performance upgrades..

It doesn't really give your bike more power, it just - when properly tuned - seems to fuel the bike so efficiently that throttle response is incredibly accurate and very linear..

As much as that costs (dyno-tuning a PCV) it's almost better to wait until you have modded with all the performance upgrades you are likely to splurge on before getting that done..

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Has anyone put the new Power Commander V on the Cross Country? Is it worth the money for the power gain. I have 2013.

you wont see huge gains on a stock bike with it, but like said it will run better, but use it with other mods and you will be happy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Power Commander

yes I'm talking about the fuel and ignition control. I already have the RPW pipes and High flow filter.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
then yes, if your mods are done, pcv and dyno

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I seen that as well on the dynojet website. New? Don't think so, mind you I briefly seen it there a couple weeks back. Ignition timing on individual cylinders is new and thought that sounded good. I'll have to go back to the website and check out what exactly is so "new"...

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
yes I'm talking about the fuel and ignition control. I already have the RPW pipes and High flow filter.
You're running a high flow filter and slip ons without fuel management? YES! GET A TUNER! Your AFR must be way off.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

which rpw pipes?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Fella's I think he is trying to ask if he should get the new PCV, if you go on the dynojet website they are claiming some "new" features.
Is that what your asking (op)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rpw cross mufflers. I was just asking if anyone has tried the power commander on the 106ci and if they are happy with the results. Dealer installed pipes and filter and reprogrammed computer but seems to still have issues with backfiring. So I was thinking of purchasing PC for bike.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Dealer installed pipes and filter and reprogrammed computer but seems to still have issues with backfiring. So I was thinking of purchasing PC for bike.
You're popping and backfiring because it's too lean, maybe just too lean from throttle to no throttle but the dealer's map is too lean regardless. Is the hi flow filter you have Lloydz or Vic stage 1 filter? Lloydz moves 40% more air than the stage 1 filter so if you're running Lloydz then the dealer map definitely aint good enough. Either way, the PCV along with a dyno tune should get you pretty well lined out. If you're going to do cams or anything down the road, I'd do it before you get dyno tuned.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
mine popped when i got it from being to rich after unhooking my O2s, hooked them back up, popping went away.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
mine popped when i got it from being to rich after unhooking my O2s, hooked them back up, popping went away.
With a dealer map, you can pretty much bank on he's too lean. Vic is notorious for being lean.

There is an off chance that you were too lean with them unhooked and plugging them in made it richer. It goes against the norm but there is a topic in one of my threads about it. The short end is it happened to me on the ole KP. When I unhooked mine, it went too lean instead of richening up. I got ahold of Lloyd and discussed it with him, he told me that unhooking O2s doesn't necessarily make your bike run rich and on some bikes it actually makes it run leaner. It made mine run leaner. Rylan over at the Vic shop I believe said 1 out of 10 bikes it goes lean instead of rich.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
The very first link covers popping and backfiring.
Causes:
1. Lean
2. Intake leak
3. Exhaust leak

There could be other contributing factors but those are the top dogs.

http://www.lloydz.com/techtips.asp

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
With a dealer map, you can pretty much bank on he's too lean. Vic is notorious for being lean.

There is an off chance that you were too lean with them unhooked and plugging them in made it richer. It goes against the norm but there is a topic in one of my threads about it. The short end is it happened to me on the ole KP. When I unhooked mine, it went too lean instead of richening up. I got ahold of Lloyd and discussed it with him, he told me that unhooking O2s doesn't necessarily make your bike run rich and on some bikes it actually makes it run leaner. It made mine run leaner. Rylan over at the Vic shop I believe said 1 out of 10 bikes it goes lean instead of rich.

plugs were black black and sooty, it was to rich.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
plugs were black black and sooty, it was to rich.
My plugs were black and had black soot on my rear fender. I told Lloyd that I thought I was rich. I was obviously running rich at some point but turns out it was just at an idle. Into the throttle it got real lean.

Was your popping occurring while in the throttle or letting off the throttle/ shifting gears? If it was while on the throttle then possibly was too rich. If it was while shifting gears or coming off the throttle it narrows it right down to too lean. In the latter condition when coming off the throttle, you cut the fuel almost out and the idle air control hasn't had time to shut yet, allowing unmetered air into the chamber resulting in a lean pop. I'm getting that right now even though my air fuel ratio is correct. I just bought an IAV to close off some of that closed throttle air to eliminate my pop.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
dynojet power commander V or lloydz power commander

I have not done the mods yet ,I have purchased the Lloyds' high flow air filter and have not yet got the mufflers from the dealer {Strokers of Dallas } that I believe they just take the baffles out. Im still looking at exhaust options but those two are really all I want to do to the engine. Im just looking for a little bit better running. Im not a hot rodder kind of rider. Just like a little more feel in the seat of my pants and still hear the radio tunes blaring ! Is one programmer more better than the other for obvious reasons ? thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts