·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Better off with Maximus

Reactions: otab

·
Premium Member
9,028 Posts
You need some kind of fuel controller on it. The best thing would be replace mufflers to whatever the scooter has been set up for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just purchased a 2016 victory magnum. Has no baffels . Do I need a power commander
I've had 3 cross countries and 1 cross roads. Only put a power commander on one of the cross countries(2016). If you don't like the popping when down shifting,then put the power commander on it, but other than that, not worth the $$$. Safe riding. BIGGDOGG.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The "power commander" and other "fuel controllers" are OBSOLETE for ANY Victory built from 2009 on. They are scabover electronics that are known to leave Victory bikes "Harleyized" on the sdie of the road. FOR YOUR BIKE YOU NEED A PROPER , DIRECT TUNE using a Maximus. Noe Martinez - Nometz Designz Victory & Indian ECU Tuning - Noemtz.com Waller, Texas 77484 does remote tunes. Nothing stays on the bike and IT WILL FLY when he is done. to recap "fuel controllers" - OBSOLETE, Maximus - A direct tuner, no scabover electronics to cause issues. Rock On! ;-) LMYR

·
Premium Member
2,992 Posts
The "power commander" and other "fuel controllers" are OBSOLETE for ANY Victory built from 2009 on. They are scab over electronics that are known to leave Victory bikes "Harleyized" on the side of the road. FOR YOUR BIKE YOU NEED A PROPER, DIRECT TUNE using a Maximus. Noe Martinez - Nometz Designz Victory & Indian ECU Tuning - Noemtz.com Waller, Texas 77484 does remote tunes. Nothing stays on the bike and IT WILL FLY when he is done. to recap "fuel controllers" - OBSOLETE, Maximus - A direct tuner, no scab over electronics to cause issues. Rock On! ;-) LMYR
I no longer respect anything you say.

·
Administrator
2,591 Posts
Between my wife and I, we have four Victory Cross Country Tour bikes. Three of these have Power Commander V (PCV) fuel controllers and all three of these run great - much better and stronger than the stock bike. Perhaps they could they run better with some other method of tuning (e.g. Maximus) but, if so, it would be a very minimal gain. PCV fuel controllers are just fine.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I no longer respect anything you say.
Your prerogative I've led many many thirsty hosrses to fresh, pure sweet water and they CHOSE to die of thirst. It's a choice thing and you have a choice, Even IF I had a Harley I'd still get a Maximus tune...then again, , smart people listen to wisdom...eh?;-)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Between my wife and I, we have four Victory Cross Country Tour bikes. Three of these have Power Commander V (PCV) fuel controllers and all three of these run great - much better and stronger than the stock bike. Perhaps they could they run better with some other method of tuning (e.g. Maximus) but, if so, it would be a very minimal gain. PCV fuel controllers are just fine.
Don't doubt it for one minute. Just the same I will stop ahd help you when they break down. ;-) LMYR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts