Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting ready to mount my power cord for my Gerbing heated gear to my 2011 Crossroads. Of course the simple battery under the seat run a short wire and youre done trick won't work on this one because the battery is mounted up front.

Has anyone come up with any creative ideas for running wires for heated gear? Minimal wire length would be nice.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I plan to tap mine into the trunk pack accessory plug which runs under or next to the seat (CC Tour) once I figure out which wires in the bundle are them! Speakers run back there too.

Anyone out there have a schematic or can tell me which color wires?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
There is power under the right side panel and another connection on the rear exhaust/bag support crossmember (near the rear or the fender). Either of these should work; the one under the side panel is for the heated seat and (I think) the one on the cross member is for the powerlet connection in the right saddlebag.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I don't want to tie into the heated seat, amy be too high amps all 3 running! The power to the rear trunk I think is 15 amps.

·
13,027 Posts
If you go to Gerbing web site you can find adapter that will plug into the battery tend plug so you don't need extra wires

·
Registered
12 Posts
Powerlet makes an outlet that mounts to the backside of the primary at the clutch cable bracket and wires will reach battery.
Geo.

·
Registered
790 Posts
If you go to Gerbing web site you can find adapter that will plug into the battery tend plug so you don't need extra wires
Careful on that route. My pigtail only carries a 5amp fuse, Gerber and most heat controllers want a minimum of 10 amp.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I just used the power cord that came with my Gerbing heated jacket liner and hooked it to the battery as per instructions. Then ran the fused power cord from the battery up along the left side of the bike (same route as the wires already there). Then once above the cylinder I ran it back towards the seat behind the cheese wedge and that where you run out of cord, just in front of the seat on the left side. Perfect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts