Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got a power port on their Vegas for charging cell phones, or heated accessories? Which one did you use, and where did you route it? I'd like to put a RAM mount on the handle bars with power routed to it, but I would like to see others' set up. Pics would be cool too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Right now I ran a batterytender harness (spliced in about 32" of wire to extend), ran under the tank to the area behind the fork. Battery tender has a USB adapter for about $12. I have the RAM as well. a 2 -3' USB is plenty to allow your turns. Total cost about $22. Kuryakyn makes a nice chrome set up that routes the same way for about $48 (seem ot after I did the install and would have gone this way instead).

·
Registered
781 Posts
Anybody got a power port on their Vegas for charging cell phones, or heated accessories? Which one did you use, and where did you route it? I'd like to put a RAM mount on the handle bars with power routed to it, but I would like to see others' set up. Pics would be cool too.

Main unit (front)

Splitter (goes to the rear- also a dual port)

Sorry no link for the rear unit.. forgot where I got that.. will edit if I can find it..

Pics

Tips and such:

Removed tank- ran wires alongside bikes big harness- zip ties, etc. leave a little slack up front to allow for full handlebar travel with NO stress on wire, and out back for the user- if applicable. Carefully arranged excess in safe area and secured. The back unit holds fast to the seat bracket with a magnet (from a name tag) hidden with a thin wrap of electrical tape.

DO NOT HOOK a USB port DIRECTLY TO BATTERY. Tap into a wire hot with ignition only. They WILL suck your battery DEAD in HOURS. It is unlikely to be recoverable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On my last bike I ran everything to a relay that only worked when the bike was on, so I will probably do that on this one too. Just looking for ideas.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts

Main unit (front)

Splitter (goes to the rear- also a dual port)

Sorry no link for the rear unit.. forgot where I got that.. will edit if I can find it..

Pics

Tips and such:

Removed tank- ran wires alongside bikes big harness- zip ties, etc. leave a little slack up front to allow for full handlebar travel with NO stress on wire, and out back for the user- if applicable. Carefully arranged excess in safe area and secured. The back unit holds fast to the seat bracket with a magnet (from a name tag) hidden with a thin wrap of electrical tape.

DO NOT HOOK a USB port DIRECTLY TO BATTERY. Tap into a wire hot with ignition only. They WILL suck your battery DEAD in HOURS. It is unlikely to be recoverable.

Where did you connect the converter to?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Registered
781 Posts
Where did you connect the converter to?

I think I deleted the photo, but under my seat were a couple of leads with capped connectors. These are just part of the standard manufacturing process. An orange and a purple, I think. Confirmed hot with key only with my test light, Snipped & stripped off the battery post loop on the chargers positive wire and wiretapped the purple one.

Ah ha- found them

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think I deleted the photo, but under my seat were a couple of leads with capped connectors. These are just part of the standard manufacturing process. An orange and a purple, I think. Confirmed hot with key only with my test light, Snipped & stripped off the battery post loop on the chargers positive wire and wiretapped the purple one.

Ah ha- found them

The orange 2-pin connector is a Bosch fuel injection type connector #1928403137
Like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131468016712

·
Registered
7 Posts
My last bike was a 99 roadstar with hard bags. I put a 3 switch panel with 2 USB and a cig lighter that I got on amazon in a small box I fabbed out of scrap aluminum at the shop. Linked the switches to whips to tie into my heated jackets for me and my wife and it worked great.

On my vegas I use the battery tender adapter tied to the whip on my battery and fished the cable through while I had the tank off. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DJ5KEF4/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492717590&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=Battery+Tender+081-0158+Black+Quick+Disconnect+Plug+with+USB+Charger&dpPl=1&dpID=31-cnGD8--L&ref=plSrch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts