Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, has anyone installed Bluetooth handlebar speakers (no radio head unit) on your Vegas? How did you get the amp to connect to the power source? I found a light purple (or pink) plug under the seat. It seems to be a 12v switched. Can I use it to power up the amp?

I'm going to install a Boss Bluetooth 3" speakers on the handlebars. I want to be able to shut off the amp along with the bike so connecting directly to the battery would be my last resort. I've attached a few images to illustrate. Thanks all!

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,892 Posts
You can use it to trigger a relay not sure what that is supposed to power but probably not enough amperage to run your speakers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can use it to trigger a relay not sure what that is supposed to power but probably not enough amperage to run your speakers.
Thanks for the input. I read somewhere says it's for heated seat but I just want a second opinion to confirm. The Bluetooth amp comes with a 7.5a inline fuse, so I guess the amp doesn't consume that much power... I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I doubt it is for a heated seat. The heated seat plug comes in from the back of the area under the seat (from rear fender area) and is green. At least it is that way for a Cross Country.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I doubt it is for a heated seat. The heated seat plug comes in from the back of the area under the seat (from rear fender area) and is green. At least it is that way for a Cross Country.
I think the steel frame bikes have different set up then the Cross bikes. My next bike will be the XC. Everything seems easier.

·
13,299 Posts
Ben "do not double or triple post " about same subject
Thank You

1 - 7 of 7 Posts