Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this online today.

About twenty years back, maybe closer to thirty we took trannie jacks of similar configuration and cobbled them up to hold hillclimbers off the ground to massage rear gear between runs. The traffic would chew up the hill pretty good and the hill would chew up drivelines like Friday night chews through a paycheck.
Anyway those junky trannie jacks worked OK, quick and purpose built but if the rear wishbone of them bikes was more than like a foot over, we had to muscle stands under the tail.
I got no idea if this thing will play nice with a Cross bike. It looks like it might be OK. I'll have to weld some kind of fancies onto it to keep from bearing down on that soft underbelly (and when I say that I'll weld it I mean that I'll get one of my welders to weld it). The good news is it's fairly compact. Of course, that's the bad news too.
Short money though plus if it is a nonstarter on the bike then I can just go ahead and use it for auto maintenance.

So did Pop just piss a buck and change away? Has anybody put one of these to work?

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Looks interesting, Home Depot $129.99

1 - 4 of 4 Posts