Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished my powerflow tubes:) Couldn't steal lloydz torque tubes name.
anyway what you guys think, mine are all seamless construction for less pressure drop. Probably start selling them..... for alot less than $525 thumb up

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Looks real good, but if I may - the filters you are using look way too long and obstruct the view of the valve covers. Why not get the conical filters put out by K&N? Sure would tidy up the great job you've done.

Don't get me wrong, this is only constructive criticism, I'm not dogging your work. thumb up

Also, am curious as to what you are thinking of selling your "power tubes" for?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks real good, but if I may - the filters you are using look way too long and obstruct the view of the valve covers. Why not get the conical filters put out by K&N? Sure would tidy up the great job you've done.

Don't get me wrong, this is only constructive criticism, I'm not dogging your work. thumb up

Also, am curious as to what you are thinking of selling your "power tubes" for?
Yea i totally agree with you. i had to order them so that's why they are not shown. i just had those lying around off my sled so i put them on for now until the nice conical chrome ones get here.
Probably 250-300 depending on paint or powder coat. They take some time to make.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Finished my powerflow tubes:) Couldn't steal lloydz torque tubes name.
anyway what you guys think, mine are all seamless construction for less pressure drop. Probably start selling them..... for alot less than $525 thumb up
Have a 2010 Vegas and would probably be interested.......are you going to chrome them, powdercoat them or high temp paint...? Looks promising...any problems with patent infringement..? thumb up

·
Registered
286 Posts
Patent infringement...that's a good question. That makes me wonder about the S&S intake and the Lloyds intake. Aren't they the same? I do like those power tubes...less than 550 seems very reasonable. I would be interested.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Patent infringement only applies when a patent is awarded. Lloydz tubes are patent PENDING.

If he is awarded a patent then there is a possible issue.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Couldn't steal lloydz torque tubes name.
When I seen the price at Lloyds for the torque tubes for what looks like a very simple fabrication with $40 worth of material it turned me off. The poor quality welds really did it for me you would think he would have better QA on the welds.
I do realize he did the entire R&D but still the price is pretty high.
I think I will make my own, I'm a pretty good fabricator.

On my last bike I owned over 20 years ago i refused to pay the price for the chrome accessories and fabricated my own back rack, passenger rest, saddlebag brackets, lowers, highway pegs etc. I then just took them to a local chrome shop.
I also fabricated my own bumper, winch bracket, bush guard, etc. for my 4X4 truck and had them chromed.

I did get comments on the one off custom parts and was asked where I got them I just said ‘I made them”.

I’ve turned down other people who wanted me to fabricate things for them as I do not really enjoy it as a hobby. It is for my personnel use and I pay attention to detail.

When I have fabricated things for friends in the past they get upset if the end product takes too long to make (I also work for a living and also enjoy my time off) or it is not exactly what they envisioned in their head. I won’t even fabricate for fiends anymore.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Patent infringement...that's a good question. That makes me wonder about the S&S intake and the Lloyds intake. Aren't they the same? I do like those power tubes...less than 550 seems very reasonable. I would be interested.
Lloyds actually has partial rights to the S&S airbox....(from what I have been told)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ill order up some materials and get a few made. I'll get them powder coated so they last longer and of course chrome capped k&n filters. I know the newer 08-11 bikes are different so ill have to get that figured out. Thanks guys ill keep ya posted cheers

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Ill order up some materials and get a few made. I'll get them powder coated so they last longer and of course chrome capped k&n filters. I know the newer 08-11 bikes are different so ill have to get that figured out. Thanks guys ill keep ya posted cheers
I'm interested also but I'm one of the newer bikes, 2010, so let me know if you figure it out.
Thanks thumb up

·
Registered
30 Posts
power tube's

I'll be watching for them too. 07 Hammer

·
Registered
181 Posts
Very nice job!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Those intakes are made by S&S for Lloyd

·
Registered
59 Posts
These Tubes look very nice I just wonder what they would do power wise on a dyno same bike different tubes. Now just to get this straight I know nothing about your tubes or Lloydz. I just wonder if there is a diameter change in the tubes of either set that create velocity at certain position in the intake to make the most power?

·
Registered
142 Posts
From what I can see from the pics,the tubes look very professionally finished.Have you noticed any"seat of the pants"performance gains? Again,they really came out great!I'll be waiting to see the price as well.thumb up

1 - 20 of 24 Posts