Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,048 Posts
I couldn't help but notice Irma is heading straight for Houston but it's expected to take a right and go through some part of Florida.

What if it had a mind of its own and threaded the needle between Florida and Cuba then kept going straight out to the Gulf of Mexico where it would pick up energy from the warm waters there then hit land drenching what is still drying out in Texas.

Apparently there's another hurricane right behind Irma hitting the small islands Irma already decimated. It's not as powerful at a Cat 3 but still.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldn't help but notice Irma is heading straight for Houston but it's expected to take a right and go through some part of Florida.

What if it had a mind of its own and threaded the needle between Florida and Cuba then kept going straight out to the Gulf of Mexico where it would pick up energy from the warm waters there then hit land drenching what is still drying out in Texas.

Apparently there's another hurricane right behind Irma hitting the small islands Irma already decimated. It's not as powerful at a Cat 3 but still.
I am not liking you very much right now. I wish Irma would just moce back our to sea, and leave us all alone.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

·
12,983 Posts
Gee Trump and many movie stars will have there places flattened. Hope the paid there insurance :laugh:laugh

·
Premium Member
13,048 Posts
I am not liking you very much right now. I wish Irma would just moce back our to sea, and leave us all alone.
Not to worry; my bluntness does put people off sometimes. I don't understand people when they beat around the bush without saying what they mean so maybe I overcompensate for that. BTW; I wasn't wishing for any particular path because someone will get hit hard no matter what. It was just an observation of a possibility that would suck.

The good news is all but one model shows Irma taking a right turn and going up through Florida. Well, good news for TX/LA/MS, not Florida.

Our friend Maddog, in Jacksonville, is expected to get hit with the worst part of the storm. Hopefully he can pop in and let us know he's okay after the storm passes him.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not to worry; my bluntness does put people off sometimes. I don't understand people when they beat around the bush without saying what they mean so maybe I overcompensate for that. BTW; I wasn't wishing for any particular path because someone will get hit hard no matter what. It was just an observation of a possibility that would suck.

The good news is all but one model shows Irma taking a right turn and going up through Florida. Well, good news for TX/LA/MS, not Florida.

Our friend Maddog, in Jacksonville, is expected to get hit with the worst part of the storm. Hopefully he can pop in and let us know he's okay after the storm passes him.
Didn't take it that way at all. Not that thin skinned my friend. I should have put a lol after that comment.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
I have to work on Monday when the storm will probably still be here. That could change though. My street is in an evacuation zone so I am leaving my neighborhood but o am just going to be up the road.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I have to work on Monday when the storm will probably still be here. That could change though. My street is in an evacuation zone so I am leaving my neighborhood but o am just going to be up the road.

Be praying for you MD. Be careful.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
My Pops and Mom are staying, they are relocating to a friend's "hurricane proof" house....I'm sure they'll be safe in the house but its living in the aftermath that I worry about for them. They are in Venice, FL right in the bullseye zone......I've said my peace many times but they made their decision, so now its just prayers and waiting.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Hopefully all goes well for those folks. We are still trying to recover from the floodwaters of Harvey.....no fun at all.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
I will evacuate to a different location. The house is on a hill but the road is in a storm surge/flood zone. At least I am in North East Florida!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm down south and I'm happy it went west. The only problem is that my son lives in Tallahassee and now, can get some of the storm. I have a friend that fled west to Tampa and just turn around going east. I'm just hunkering down and waiting now. Is a bitch putting everything away. My living room look like a bomb went off. We starting to get the outer bands. Lost of rain and wind for 5-10 minutes and calm again. Maddog, be safe. To all Floridians, be safe.

·
Premium Member
13,048 Posts
It kind of feels like the entire country is holding their breath to see how this hurricane pans out for Florida and states further north. It has already killed 25 or more people and flattened island communities.

I guess it will take several days to really know for sure.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It kind of feels like the entire country is holding their breath to see how this hurricane pans out for Florida and states further north. It has already killed 25 or more people and flattened island communities.

I guess it will take several days to really know for sure.
Yes. I remember Andrew. I didn't prepared at all, went to sleep and when I woke up, I was in disbelieve. I was lucky I'm an Hour from Miami and around 2-3 from Homestead. After seen the devastation, I felt sick to my stomach, wondering what could had happen to my family.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
I am not as worries about Irma as I was, but I am still worried. Things will start firing up here later today

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Yes. I remember Andrew. I didn't prepared at all, went to sleep and when I woke up, I was in disbelieve. I was lucky I'm an Hour from Miami and around 2-3 from Homestead. After seen the devastation, I felt sick to my stomach, wondering what could had happen to my family.
That is a very scary thought

·
12,983 Posts
I guess the northerner states will be flooded with good deals on low mileage cars

1 - 17 of 17 Posts