Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked into upgrades from the factory air box and I seem to come up empty unless you want to spend money on a - fuel commander and torque tubes.
Several mechanics have told me that I don't want to mess with a fuel commander. From their experience, I'll spend more time messing around with the
fuel/air mix instead of enjoying the ride. They mention a few Victory owners that come into the shop with mapping problems and crumby running bikes.
I've finally gotten my bike to run right! I've got a stage one flash, aftermarket pipes and a modified intake box (holes cut into it to allow more air).

My question is - are there any aftermarket intakes out there for a stage one 05' Vegas that I can just install without flashing the ECM or installing a map?
It is my understanding that you have to cut out the factory box out before installing a new box, thus destroy the original and get stuck with a **** end of the stick.
TY

·
13,235 Posts
of coarse you know if you add more air it will lean out the fuel delivery and can damage motor. Not a good ides with out a fuel tuner of some sort. More air with out fuel will not give you more power

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So...there aren’t any alternatives to torque tubes and a fuel commander for a pre 08’?

Anyone have a different take? What kind of mods or customizations can be done with a stage one setup regarding air intakes? Anyone anyone??

If pre 08’ owners are stuck with stock at this point, I’m wondering about the tuner route and why mechanics dislike them. I will aggravate the techs but maybe those with tuners have something to say, positive or negative.

TY

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
Find a tuner who knows Vics and you wont have a problem, the likes of Kevinx, Rylan, Lloyd, go with the known tuners and stay away from the cowboys.
Or just leave your bike stock....All or nothing is my philosophy

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the responses. I should give the Vic experts a ring and see what they say. Not being squeamish about fabricating **** myself but I've learned the limitations of being a cowboy...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice.
I contacted Rylan Voss and he quoted me this:

Power Commander 2003-2007
Lloydz REV ECU
Dyno tune
Labor to install the ECM, controller, intake Torque Tube intake

He said it could be done while I wait and that it was easy. Now I need to plan a ride from STL to The Vic Shop.
Riding back with all that will be pretty sweet.

Find a tuner who knows Vics and you wont have a problem, the likes of Kevinx, Rylan, Lloyd, go with the known tuners and stay away from the cowboys.
Or just leave your bike stock....All or nothing is my philosophy

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
Damn right it will!
what pipes are you running?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn right it will!
what pipes are you running?
I’m not sure what pipes I’m running. They were on the bike when I got it.
They’re not stock and don’t have a stamp or brand mark on them. At least I haven’t seen one. They’re chrome, swept down, shorter than stock, and loud. The guy I bought it from gave me the original pipes and said I might get tired of the loud...not so much

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do plan on changing the pipes later.
Will the tuner help with that or are there other considerations? For now I like short shots, turn outs, ground pounders....something like that. I’m thinking about reducing the chrome and gradually adding black parts. Maybe that’ll change because of a lack of parts available or because I’ll like something else.

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
If theyre loud they could be good,
bear in mind if you change the pipes after the tune itll affect the tune.
Better financially to set the bike up and tune it once

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
nice looking bike from what I can see of your avatar...got some better pix to post for us?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I put the S&S air cleaner assembly - linked below - on my 04 v92tc, drilled the mufflers & added a Dobeck EFI tuner - tuned to their recommendations. She ran well, although it was somewhat embarrassing for the 96 c.i. Harleys who could not keep up with me.

Happy holidays to all.

Ride safe.

100_3530.jpg

·
Registered
100 Posts
Happy you like the biker chicks. I recently sold the 04 and am left with a 2016 XL 1200C and a 2015 Gunner. Both bikes allow for my age and bunged up knees. I have no pics of the Sporty, as of yet, and need to take a few more of the Gunner.

By the way, your own scoot is a real peach.

100_3938.jpg

FrogsOnAHog 2.jpg

11.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts