Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my ongoing pursuit of being as lazy as possible, I was wondering if anyone had ever installed a gauge on the air shock so you could just pop off the side cover and look to see what the air pressure was? There's almost always some loss when I connect something to it to check the pressure so it sure would be convenient to have a gauge you could just look at.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
During the winter I bought the Doran tire pressure monitoring system with 3 transmitters.
I will put one on the front tire, one on the rear and one on the shock valve.
I haven't actually tested it yet since it is still snowing here, but it will be interesting to see if the pressure moves around a lot with the movement of the shock.

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
There is NO air loss when using one of these to fill the rear shock....
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Bagger-Werx-07-012-Motorcycle-Shock/dp/B004Y18GKM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1427730618&sr=8-4&keywords=motorcycle+shock+air+pump[/ame]

·
13,262 Posts
have you lost air. My bike sat for 5 months and when I checked the shock it lost 4 pounds. So maybe your loose at the same rate.
Check the first of the month a long with the tires and am sure you'll find the tire loose air and the shock doesn't.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I just got a similar one too. I want to do some trials to see what pressure gives the best ride, so these are nice and small to carry along. Be aware that you need one with 0-100 capability though, not the 0-60 listed, because the CC shock maxes out at 72 psi.

Rob

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
I just got a similar one too. I want to do some trials to see what pressure gives the best ride, so these are nice and small to carry along. Be aware that you need one with 0-100 capability though, not the 0-60 listed, because the CC shock maxes out at 72 psi.

Rob
Good advice...mine goes to 100. That's the one that popped up when I did a search. You are best to go over the number in the chart. We tend to underestimate the weight of the junk in the trunk and the gear we wear.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Same as Vj, lost about 4 psi over the winter, started with 35 when put away....:)

·
Registered
399 Posts
This is the same exact one victory sells as fox makes the pumps for them. $25 well spent

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Fox-Racing-Shox-Shock-027-00-007/dp/B001F212OK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427742019&sr=8-1&keywords=fox+shock+pump[/ame]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts