Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I think I'm getting an 08 Customized Kingpin 8 ball. It's well loved by its current owner, but he is ready for a bagger. Completely understand, I love the Hardball!! Anyway, I miss my modified Warrior Midnight and his bike came along all blacked out. The spec's are almost identical, except the Kingpin is 50 #'s heavier. I am hoping all of the dyno tuning and Lloyds Stage 1 helps to make us for the difference! I am looking forward to being part of the Victory crew and getting to know this site very well. I'm a mod-aholic! Most of everything is done, but I am already looking to change out the handlebars! It's a sickness! Aloha!

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Hey All,

I think I'm getting an 08 Customized Kingpin 8 ball. It's well loved by its current owner, but he is ready for a bagger. Completely understand, I love the Hardball!! Anyway, I miss my modified Warrior Midnight and his bike came along all blacked out. The spec's are almost identical, except the Kingpin is 50 #'s heavier. I am hoping all of the dyno tuning and Lloyds Stage 1 helps to make us for the difference! I am looking forward to being part of the Victory crew and getting to know this site very well. I'm a mod-aholic! Most of everything is done, but I am already looking to change out the handlebars! It's a sickness! Aloha!
Welcome to the forum. Good luck with the 'pin, and post some pics if you end up getting it.

·
Registered
690 Posts
You're picking up a good bike.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Hey All,

I think you'll be pleased. I traded my Warrior in for my XR too. I was going to go KP, but decided the XR was more practical for trips with mama.

The Warrior had better brakes and tranny, but I'd say the Vic is better in most every other respect. The biggest reason I got rid of the Warrior is that it vibrated so much at 80 mph that my hands were numb half way thru my 30 mile commute every morning. Even with great brakes, it's hard to use them effectively when you can't feel anything.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your responses. The tranny is what I have been reading about on the Warrior site. I test ride this evening to see how it rides. When I think of trannies, if it doesn't shift like an old BMW then I think I should be able to tolerate it!! I'll never forget it clunked into every gear!

·
Registered
32 Posts
More power then the warrior. Hopefully the kingpin has a 6 speed tranny, if that's the case you'll love not having to look for gas stations before everyone else.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Crazy D

It's an 08. Nope, not a 6 speed and it's 100ci, compared to Warrior 103ci. The compression ratio is just a hair better on the Victory. But with his engine improvements, I am hoping the will just a little more edge with it being 100ci. I really wanted 6 speed, 106ci, but this bike literally is being offered only to me for a good price. I like the older bike pricing better than new!! thumb up

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've owned both and the warrior is only a 102 ci. The 100 inch vic will outrun a warrior, know from owning both bikes and racing with my buddy who also has a warrior. Like you said it's staged already so I'm sure you'll be more then happy. Take it for a ride and you'll see.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've owned both and the warrior is only a 102 ci. The 100 inch vic will outrun a warrior, know from owning both bikes and racing with my buddy who also has a warrior. Like you said it's staged already so I'm sure you'll be more then happy. Take it for a ride and you'll see.
My buddy has a Warrior, some mods(air and exhaust that I know of). My 100" JP and his Warrior are dead on, till I hit 4th gear.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
109 Posts
I also came from a Warrior. I needed something better for longer trips so I traded for the Cross Country Tour. Kinda wish I had kept it (as a second bike) as it was a great bike. I miss it a little less now that I tried taking the truck off the tour. Changed the bike significantly. I now have two bikes in one.. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Crazy D!

I stand not so humbly corrected! (See Pic).

I have to say after all of the engine work on the Victory. I still think with the less weight of the Warrior, it kicked out quicker...The tranny is very clunky as people have described. It is almost as obnoxious as those older BMW's. With all of that said, I miss my Warrior dearly, but....my new Kingpin 8-ball rocks!! I wanted to know what it was like to own American. I wanted refined and finess, yet something reminiscent of my Warrior! I got it!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"New" 08 Kingpin 8-Ball

Thanks for your welcoming responses and Warrior posts! Here it is! It has so many mod's and customization's that I don't even know some of them yet! (Just in case anyone wants to inquire, it has a real Stingray seat and custom powder-coated fender rack).

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts