Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, knowing I WILL be purchasing a cross country in the near future.. Just waiting on some financials to finish up. I've been pricing the bikes both locally and across the country. I love Florida for the weather, but the price of the bikes down here is not much to love. My brother's in Michigan doing some contract work, so I thought I would look up there to see what the pricing differences would be...

Well, here in Jacksonville FL for A Cross Country it seems that MSRP+ is the going rate....

but if I chose to get it from up north (OH specifically) I would save over $3k.... Even if i buy it there and ship it.. I still save money... but my thoughts that its just going to be the perfect excuse to take a flight.. Spend a couple days with my brother.. and then take a road trip back home... What a way to break in the bike...

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
So, knowing I WILL be purchasing a cross country in the near future.. Just waiting on some financials to finish up. I've been pricing the bikes both locally and across the country. I love Florida for the weather, but the price of the bikes down here is not much to love. My brother's in Michigan doing some contract work, so I thought I would look up there to see what the pricing differences would be...

Well, here in Jacksonville FL for A Cross Country it seems that MSRP+ is the going rate....

but if I chose to get it from up north (OH specifically) I would save over $3k.... Even if i buy it there and ship it.. I still save money... but my thoughts that its just going to be the perfect excuse to take a flight.. Spend a couple days with my brother.. and then take a road trip back home... What a way to break in the bike...
Plan to stop along the way to change oil and the rest of the 500 mile first service. Also you're supposed to vary the speed during break-in. Might be hard to vary it if you're going to spend it all on highways. Something to think about. ;)

·
Registered
381 Posts

G for it! Take your time getting home. A little highway and you can vary your speed on the highway. Jump off the highway and do some back roads. Plan it out and make an adventure out of it. You can check out dealerships online and make an appointment for a shop along the way. A good shop will understand what you are doing and do the 500 miler while you wait. I don't expect they will do much more than change the oil and filter and adjust the belt. Good luck with whatever you do.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
You are in luck that you are not to far from GoP (Polaris of Gainsville) and the man, KevinX.

You'll have who many in the Victory community consider to be the most knowledgeable Victory Tech out there.thumb up

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
You do not have to travel all the way to Ohio to get a good deal. The dealer I worked with in Murrells Inlet South Carolina was aggressive on their discounting. The red XR that I considered had a number of options but in the end they were offering a similar discount to what you mentioned. I don't know that they would discount $3K on a XC but give them a call at 843-651-9799. It's run by Dave and Tim. Tell them Jay sent you their way. They'll take care of you and your trip would be reduced by about 50%. You could probably even get all the way home under under 500 miles

http://www.coastalvictory.com/

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
First let me say that we are only an hour or so away from you at Polaris of Gainesville, and we are making some real deals these days.

Next beware of the "super deal" in far away places. They rarely work out like that. Most likely a 2010 demo or some such little detail to get $3K off, and then there is all the adds to the price.

Give Wayne a call at PoG 386-418-4244 during the week, and you can get an honest number

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just pulled the trigger on a new 2011 Cross Country (blue) with stage 1. I am in Virginia but the local dealer couldn't come within 2 grand of the dealer in Ohio. I double checked the numbers and have gotten everything in writing including guaranteed trade in value. The only thing that will change the trade is any "mechanical" issues. I am worried about the deal but all the reviews from people around the internet forums have given good feedback on the quality and legitimacy of the dealership. I go in one week to pick up my new bike and ride it back to VA.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts