Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I'm new to this site and I own a 2004 kingpin deluxe which I bought new , I have about 30,000 klms ,it has never failed , my problem is accessories why are they so expensive also why is victory pricing them selves out of the market ,a lot of my friends are buying Harley's because their cheaper / I think as bikers we need to look at what we are buying 2 wheels a motor and a seat is it really worth $15,000 to $40,000 what do you think

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
LOL...I have discovered that part for part a bike is more expensive than a car. My wheels for Porti (my Jackpot) cost 5k. Thats more expensive than 4 wheels for a car!!! LOL

It is what it is.

As far as our bikes being more expensive than an HD. Compare what you have on your Victory to a similar HD and you will see that it is in fact cheaper than an HD.

My JP is my first bike. It was a tad over 18k out the door which before taxes was under 17k. This is with a full chrome front end, all engine and tranny covers in chrome, other chrome stuff, a 250 tire on polished billet wheels and 100 CI engine.

I was going to buy an HD softail and customize it. Just to customize the softail to look like my Jackpot STOCK, would have cost me 10k+ over the cost of my Jackpot. That includes, buying chrome parts, a new wide tire kit, New tires and wheels for the wide rear end, bumping up the engine CI to match the JP's HP and TQ, yadda yadda yadda and labor. So the HD would have cost me no less than 27k.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the reply I guess my whole issue with pricing was trying to find a cheaper accessories supply and guess what I found it right here on this site awesome you see where I live victory bikes are hard to find but they sure stand out

·
Registered
17 Posts
check this price out!

13,400 out the door...0 miles with passenger backrest and two victory ff helmets. i looked and looked (at HD and Victory) and http://www.ridersvillecycle.com/index.htm in West by God Virginia had this 2009 KingPin. Yes, I also got 5 year warranty...WHAT a DEAL. I want HD to try to match it. It comes wih enuff chrome and extras for me...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
You think the parts are expensive......try painting a motorcycle. It's more expensive then a car. Althought the parts may be a little high....some of them are of some of the best quality i've seen. The cheaper ones.....well...you get what you pay for.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
This is Porti the day I purchased her.

This is Porti one week later when I picked her up and road her for the first time. I want to add that the drag pipes and the wheels were included in the price!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had mine custom painted and this is what i did you know those people that you see painting pictures of landscapes etc. I had them paint mine with water colors ,then took it to a auto shop and had it clear coated ,of course I did the light sanding anyway after it was all done it cost me $115 and about 4hr's of elbow grease ,i'd post a picture if i new how

1 - 9 of 9 Posts