1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
13,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
12.01:pM on the news Prince is dead at 57 years old

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Very limited info on this in the news. Hints and vague rumors about the flu. It is so rare that healthy people die from the flu that I suspect there is some other health related issue that either caused his death or contributed to it. We will see what comes out in the news in the next few months.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
I like some of his music but you can't deny he was a talent.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
I got a busy couple month's,
Off to see Black Sabbath, Radio Birdman,Iron Maiden, and Randy Hansen 'Hendrix Experience'
Before any of them cark it!

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
I noticed that Obama has already commented on Prince's death, but never said anything when American Music Icon Merle Haggard died. Hmm, :(

·
13,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Prince was a jehovah witness and they don't believe in doctors or the meds they tell you to take. He was found in a elevator at paisley park

·
Registered
308 Posts
Oddly enough his 1985 album, Around the World in a Day was there first CD my buddy could buy in remote Alaska. Wasn't much of a fan until we played it about a zillion times.....RIP Prince:|

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hey people die, Some die young and some die old..And you know what were all gonna die some day..
Sometimes your lifestyle on the way to getting old, Will dictate that you will die young......Talent doesn't always mean you have brains... So as long as when you read the obituaries and your name is not there...Ride on.. The other guys worries are over...Why make them yours...??

·
Premium Member
13,731 Posts
Hey people die, Some die young and some die old..And you know what were all gonna die some day..
Sometimes your lifestyle on the way to getting old, Will dictate that you will die young......Talent doesn't always mean you have brains... So as long as when you read the obituaries and your name is not there...Ride on.. The other guys worries are over...Why make them yours...??
Uh oh! You just jinxed yourself. Are you number 3?

Just kiddin' man. :D I don't know what age you are but a few years ago I started looking at the local obit's. I never did that before. I guess as we age things change in how we think and our curiosity about how people die increase. Plus after a certain age there's a better chance a person who died is someone you know.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Uh oh! You just jinxed yourself. Are you number 3?

Just kiddin' man. :D I don't know what age you are but a few years ago I started looking at the local obit's. I never did that before. I guess as we age things change in how we think and our curiosity about how people die increase. Plus after a certain age there's a better chance a person who died is someone you know.
I just hit 71...I didn't think i would have made it past 20.. What with stoping those falling dominos that Eisenhower' Kennedy' And then Johnson was worried about.. :|

·
Registered
483 Posts
Prince was a jehovah witness and they don't believe in doctors or the meds they tell you to take. He was found in a elevator at paisley park

That doesn't add up with the supposed stop in Illinois, heading home from Georgia for med treatment as per the news ?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Christian Scientists are the ones that don't seek doctors' care.
The JW's won't receive blood transfusions.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Christian Scientists are the ones that don't seek doctors' care.
The JW's won't receive blood transfusions.
Funny how each religion has their own [do's & don'ts ] in regard to medical care.

Not judging, none of my business..jus'sayin

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm about the same age and want to know what happened too. A lady wrestler just died the other day at the ripe old age of 45. Juicing maybe. These things come in three's so keep an eye out for the 3rd one.
Well, in 2016 we've lost Merle Haggard, Prince, David Bowie, Glenn Frey. So there's four already.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Lemmy. Motorhead.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I got a busy couple month's,
Off to see Black Sabbath, Radio Birdman,Iron Maiden, and Randy Hansen 'Hendrix Experience'
Before any of them cark it!
Caught Maiden in '12 in Salt Lake City. Brucie just had that bout with throat cancer last year. I missed the boat on the Book of Souls tour.

A bunch of my friends are going to see Sabbath in Vegas. I can't afford the good seats, and I can't see suffering a nosebleed just to say I was there. Tony's got lymphoma and is calling it a day after this tour, so I won't get another chance.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
I'm in the moshpit for Sabbath
Radio Birdman is a club gig at a place called The Triffid in Brisbane industrial area not far from Victory.
It's an old aeroplane hangar converted by a member of Powderfinger into a bar/music venue. Looks like a top place to see a band. And Iron Maidens a special release of $66.60 tickets up high,lucky I don't suffer nose bleeds. When I saw the price I had to grab a couple tix.
Sabbaths on this Monday night which is also Anzac day.

Reactions: Luciferiad
1 - 20 of 20 Posts