Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2004 Vegas from out of state.. sight unseen.. but had a good sellers/buyers relationship (so I thought, I would think there would be a bikers code of disclosure of issues with the bike) so I wasn't overly concerned about the bike.

Day two I realized the previous owner never installed a fuel controller when he installed his slash downs and air intake. I've read about the mixed reviews on here about taking the bike to dealers so I went the private route... and it's been a great experience. He has a passion for bikes and his reputation to uphold.

So if anyone needs a mechanic in NJ I got one for you!

Ride safe!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've used Motorcycle Mall in Belleville for my fuel pump. They did the job, but kind of expensive. I was satisfied with the work. If you're not too far from Lloyds in NY, I'd go there. I plan to have them to do my exhaust. who did you use?

http://www.lloydz.com

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I do like to support the independent shops.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks visionjohnny, I will ask him about that while he still has the bike. He's seems extremely thorough. I'm still learning and appreciate any suggestions!

DirtyDan.... 100% agreed!! I feel like dealers are done with you once they've made the sell.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Thanks visionjohnny, I will ask him about that while he still has the bike. He's seems extremely thorough. I'm still learning and appreciate any suggestions!

DirtyDan.... 100% agreed!! I feel like dealers are done with you once they've made the sell.

Most are but not all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts