Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone complained about the current gun thread not being in the Lounge. Ok fine. I'm starting this Pro-Gun to discuss our sport relating to all things guns.

I am hoping the anti-gun nuts stay out of it and start a thread of their own if they want to talk about their side of politics relating to guns.

I'm going to start by asking if anyone has built their own rifle using the 80% lower receiver that is available? It is my understanding that these guns can not be sold or even given away but neither do they need to be registered under law. This is a good thing and something I will do at some point but the parts, thanks to the overwhelming sales of all guns and ammunition has made the parts very hard to find and buy.

Howabout black powder pistols and rifles? Anyone have one or more? I got one sent to me by a liberal friend, of all people, but haven't shot it yet.

Again, this is a pro-gun thread, so if anyone has something negative to say about owning guns they can go start their own thread to discuss that. I'm sure there will be plenty of folks who will want to jump in on that!

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Check this out! We need more good men like this Sheriff!

Police Chief Wants Citizens As ‘Reserve Force’ To Defend Against Feds

The reserve force will be made up of volunteers, they can be past or current police officers with act 120 training, along with non law enforcement personnel interested in joining the reserve force. All non law enforcement personnel won’t have any powers to arrest, but will be required to go through a background check, supply their own duty gear, uniform (military BDU, etc), weapons, ammunition. Everyone will be required to attend a firearms certification course to qualify with both long gun and hand gun at a rate set by the firearm instructor. There will also be hand to hand combat training, knife fighting training, urban combat training, sniper courses, search and rescue etc. The reserve force would only be called upon in the event of a Federal invasion or foreign invasion of the jurisdiction. They would not be called on in ordinary police work nor would they have arrest powers. This reserve force would be distinct from militia, according to Kessler.

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
This is great! Thanks for starting this thread, BBob. The libs and anti-gunners can start their own and you can guarantee I will ignore it, as I hope they'll stay away from here.
Does anyone know where I can buy .22 LR in standard velocity as well as regular? I shoot up about 100+ rounds per range visit and find myself being more frugal with the bullets these days cuz there are none to be had around these parts.
Just had a trigger kit and scope rail installed on my Ruger MkII Target. That trigger feels soooo sweet now. I have mounted a red dot and can't wait to take it to the range along with a High Standard Sport-King an elderly neighbor lady gave me for helping her. I have lusted for one of those for decades and scored it for just some sweat equity. Its in excellent condition and the S/N indicates it was born in the early 1950s. Your turn.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Pro-Gun Thread - NOT For Anti-Gun Nuts

That is awesome . like to see all areas do this as it would send a message to those idiots on the hill . We won't put up with an anti constitutional government .
Hope it never comes to that but I am in if it does . I served for this country once and I will again with honor. Even if it is in a rebellious position. Our founders did it and we can too.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had to look up the High Standard Sport King 22LR. Looks to be an excellent and accurate .22.

Ammo is scarce but one way to get it, and you have to be quick, is to put your email in a notification when it becomes available. I have done this on http://www.midwayusa.com/, cheaperthandirt.com, and ammunitiontogo.com with best results from midwayusa.com.

You just sign up for all the ammunition you think you would buy and wait for them to send the notice. The ammo never lasts long though so you have to be right on it to get it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is awesome . like to see all areas do this as it would send a message to those idiots on the hill . We won't put up with an anti constitutional government .
Hope it never comes to that but I am in if it does . I served for this country once and I will again with honor. Even if it is in a rebellious position. Our founders did it and we can too.
Yeah. I hope these groups would never need to be called to duty but it's better to have them just in case.

My hope is that they would be like a nuclear bomb. Just being there is enough to prevent a problem in the first place.

Sometimes I wonder if there are enough obozo bots in the DHS to actually shoot on American citizens who are doing nothing wrong to make up a group. My guess is their masters will tell them a total lie about the citizen so the swat team or whatever it would be called; would not know what they were doing until later - if at all. Then once they found out they were lied to; what they would do.

It's crazy that we have gotten to this point in America with the first black president who isn't even legally able to be president voted in for a second term. That one is too hard to believe and I have my doubts about it being true. Those electronic voting machines are just too easy to manipulate. I often wonder how the future historians will write this part of history. I guess it depends on who is doing the writing...

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
I had to look up the High Standard Sport King 22LR. Looks to be an excellent and accurate .22.

Ammo is scarce but one way to get it, and you have to be quick, is to put your email in a notification when it becomes available. I have done this on http://www.midwayusa.com/, cheaperthandirt.com, and ammunitiontogo.com with best results from midwayusa.com.

You just sign up for all the ammunition you think you would buy and wait for them to send the notice. The ammo never lasts long though so you have to be right on it to get it.
Thanks for those links, I will put them to work. My High Standard has the longer 6-1/2" interchangeable barrel - that's what the lever on the front of the trigger guard is for.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Did someone say black powder? I have a CVA inline .50 cal. A hoot to shoot, not too bad to clean. It is an inline, I'm not that much a purist.
It will put a buffalo down in his tracks. I have ultimate respect for anyone who cleaned one of these critters. They can dull a handful of knives in a hurry and nothing delicate about them.
Nice piece and like I said, a hoot to shoot. Wish I'd gotten into it sooner.
Ammo in these parts is scarce too. Things were just getting back to normal.
Cheers

·
Registered
230 Posts
Pro-Gun Thread - NOT For Anti-Gun Nuts

Back in my younger days I had a Renegade 50 cal. Flintlock muzzleloader . That was old school but there wasn't such a thing as inline then.
The flintlock only season comes in the day after Christmas here in PA.
Any way , I will explain for those that don't know how to load and fire a flintlock.
Place buttstock on ground or toe with muzzle up .
Insert your powder charge( usually 100-150 grains).
Then place a patch on the end of barrel and place the ball on it .
Use your starter rod to start ball/ patch into the bore.
Then use ramrod to seat the ball against the powder.
Now bring the gun horizontal and open the flash pan and pour in the flash powder
Close the Frizzen ( covers the powder in flash pan)
Cock the hammer back
Squeeze the set trigger first
Aim carefully , and squeeze the firing trigger.
The hammer and flint stone will strike the Frizzen causing it to move forward revealing the flash powder and also causing the needed spark to ignite the powder which then burns thru the touch hole into the charge and ......... Boom..... Off she goes.
Of course this all takes a second and a half so hold your aim steady or you won't hit ****. Lol
And wait for the smoke to clear to see if you hit your mark. That is why they are referred to as smoke poles. Lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Ye-haw! Nice to see such a thread... I'm goin outside and shootin off some rounds into the air, in the direction of Arizona... duck Azdave!

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Looks like its just you and me, the left coasters. All those easterners have gone to bed and are dreaming of that perfect AR15 outfitted with DNE - damn near everything. BTW, what's the compass bearing from the Peoples' Republic of Portland to AZDAVE's? :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Guys,

Guns are an American thing....this is a BIKE forum....
need to get over it and move on...Sorry..

I live down under and feel safe...

Ride safe..stay upright...cheerscheers

Derek

·
Registered
273 Posts
Have 2 flintlocks and 1 inline blackpower-hunt with them Fun to shoot. I have probably 45 other guns also and the price of ammo is getting crazy. I was at a Bass Pro sop about 10 years ago and they had 9mm shells for $3 a box of 50- bought 1500 rounds. Glad I did.

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Guys, Guns are an American thing....this is a BIKE forum....
Please refer to the subject line and the first post.

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lets see some firearms on here, it is a pro-gun thread, so
I posted this in a thread about the Cycleops floorboards so I will repost it here. ;)

This is a black powder Italian made Piatta 1851 Navy Colt in .44 cal. You can have these sent right to your home with no FFL dealer involved in most states.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My two Taurus' and my S&W
Taurus PT638 PRO .380
Taurus PT1911 .38 Super
S&W .45 (The silver one which my dads gun, I just take care of it and use is for him)

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Guys,

Guns are an American thing....this is a BIKE forum....

I live down under and feel safe...

Ride safe..stay upright...cheerscheers

Derek
Derek, It would be nice if there were no bad guys with evil intent, but there are and we Americans have armed ourselves against them since the beginnings of this Republic. If you recall, we got our start with a victory over one of your King's armies. Because guns are an American thing, we saved the fat of many countries in two major wars. I think you'll admit you'd be speaking Japanese had we not come to the aid of the UK in the early 1940s. Because guns are an American thing, Admiral Yamamoto disobeyed orders to attack the US mainland after he raided Peal Harbor. Because he feared he'd lose too many troops he told the Emperor, "There's a gun behind every blade of grass in America." The Second Amendment of our Constitution, granting us the RIGHT to bear arms, was written while the dust was still settling from having rid ourselves of an evil foreign power and the Framers feared we might have to do that again and wanted us to be armed similarly to our enemies. How many peoples would have survived genocides, etc. had they had that same right? As you can see, we make no apologies for maintaining a "well armed militia."
Cheers Derek cheers

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Well the comment about shooting up into the air at me sort of proves my point for training, brains, common sense, etc. I am leaving now but I don't really like the threats. GET IT?

1 - 20 of 222 Posts