Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently learned about this company, looks like they do mostly Harley stuff, but they have developed a fuel controller for Victory. I want to make it down to have KevinX tune my bike, but time is a huge factor for me (6 hours each way) and Pro Twin is only 45 minutes away and I am told they have a Dyno. Does anyone have any experience with them, or know anyone who does? Any feedback is appreciated.

http://protwin.com/freedomtuningsystemsstage1tuner.aspx

·
Registered
23 Posts
This looks very interesting. Almost like a hybrid between the AFR+ and the PCV. I say buy one and then go see KevinX and let him play with it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I would find the time to take it Kevin. He knows what he is doing with Vic's. Protwin might be great, but they might not? With Kevin you know you will get the job done right the first time. I would have him install a power commander and cams at the same time. You know you will want cams before long anyway.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would find the time to take it Kevin. He knows what he is doing with Vic's. Protwin might be great, but they might not? With Kevin you know you will get the job done right the first time. I would have him install a power commander and cams at the same time. You know you will want cams before long anyway.
I have cams and a VFC-III, and while my bike runs good, I think it can be better in some areas, which is why I want to get a Dyno tune done. To get the results I want I may have to go with a PCV. When I found out about Pro Twin and how close they are I figured maybe it would be worth a shot if I could get a reference or two.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Since you have cams already then I would definitely go to Kevin and get the pcv. It will give you more precise tuning and the 500 rpm rev limiter increase is well worth it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have cams and a VFC-III, and while my bike runs good, I think it can be better in some areas, which is why I want to get a Dyno tune done. To get the results I want I may have to go with a PCV. When I found out about Pro Twin and how close they are I figured maybe it would be worth a shot if I could get a reference or two.
You should pm KevinX and ask his thoughts on it. From the description on the link you posted it appears on the surface to do what the PCV does. Seems to have the ability to set a tune with the programmer by choosing the parameter to change or more precise tuning with a laptop.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
My thoughts on this.......
Sounds like a cool product. Kinda like a super VFC, and it appears to address the basic things missing in the VFC, and frankly I'd love to tinker around with one.......
That said it lacks the best features of the PCV. Rev limiting is still as stock, and with cams; that limiter comes fast. Also does not have the ability to add timing. The timing gear does wonders for the performance, but the ability to add timing in the 80-100% columns of the PCV is significant.
Soooooooooo............it would certainly seem to have a place in the market. The guy with the bike modded for more oomph for 2 up, or trailer; may find this little gem as a prefect companion. The guy that wants all of it though. Will find it lacking

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for chiming in Kevin. This is interesting for someone like me who would love to come see you for cams, pcv, and a tune but will have to wait a couple years. In the mean time I want to add Lloydz timing wheel and hi-flow filter along with the exhaust I've already got. Not sure if I need a tuner for the timing wheel but I know I need it for the filter install. Something like this would allow someone like me to adjust as I go and then when the time comes have you tune it on the dyno and add cams. Even if it meant sending the ECM off to have the rev limit extended. If nothing else it's another option and could help push the other tuner manufacturers to continue adding feature.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My thoughts on this.......
Sounds like a cool product. Kinda like a super VFC, and it appears to address the basic things missing in the VFC, and frankly I'd love to tinker around with one.......
That said it lacks the best features of the PCV. Rev limiting is still as stock, and with cams; that limiter comes fast. Also does not have the ability to add timing. The timing gear does wonders for the performance, but the ability to add timing in the 80-100% columns of the PCV is significant.
Soooooooooo............it would certainly seem to have a place in the market. The guy with the bike modded for more oomph for 2 up, or trailer; may find this little gem as a prefect companion. The guy that wants all of it though. Will find it lacking
Thanks for the feedback Kevin, you pretty much answered my questions. I also have concerns about having them dyno tuning my bike as I don't know how well they understand the adjustable timing wheel. I'm just going to have to find time to come and see you, it's the perfect excuse for a long ride!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts