Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't mean to copy the previous newbee's title but it fit this newbee pretty well too... Have been riding about 20 years, multiple Viragos, XT1100, Honda ST's, Concours, Interceptors. I feel like I need to slow down a bit (too old to be leaning over as much as I have been) and was looking at an HD RG/SG when I, by accident, starting reading about the Vic XC. Went in and saw some, read some more and am planning on buying one next week! Thanks to all of you for your insight--I'll post a pic when I get that new Suede Nuclear Sunset (flat orange) beauty in my garage! Thanks and hello to all of you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey there, that's awesome! That color looks pretty bad ass man, hope the purchase goes smoothly. I too was looking at SG/RG originally, then looked at the XC. After talking to the woman, turns out my plans of 3-5 day trips together on the bike don't jive with her so I re-thought about what bike I really want at this point in life. Highball. The bagger will happen, just not yet...

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey--thanks for the shoutout! Put money down on a black 2012 XC yesterday! Couldn't pass up the year-end incentives on the 2012 black bike--even for that bad ass orange color! Hahahahaha

I ended up buying the giant "Queen's throne" trunk and backrest cuz my woman might actually ride with me for the first time in years--man, they are influential! I hope you get that Highball! Sat on one yesterday--sweet ride!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Congrats on the purchase BT and welcome to the forums... XC is a great lookin bike and your right about the incentives... Just flew to Tenn and picked up one for the same reason...

One thing you might be disappointed in... GIVING up slowing down and leaning.... :ltr: I think once you get in the XC saddle and get acclimated your going to find you will have a blast on the twisties and after you figure out some low cost "mods" and unleash that 106 that the power plant will amaze you. thumb up

You and the Mrs enjoy the new ride, you got to have some really great roads out there that your new XC will enjoy...

Safe ridin

Tim

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Were in the PNW are you at? I'm southsound area, around Olympia

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sorry man, didn't see your post until now. Im in Portland!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts