Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little background into the problem I am experiencing today. I installed a freedom performance sharp curve exhaust along with a Power Commander V on my 2011 Victory Vegas today. Everything was running great at first. Went for a short ride, and came to a stop before pulling back into the garage and gas started leaking pretty fast. I shut off the bike and pushed it into the garage. Came to find out the fuel line came undone from taking the fuel tank off. Hose the bike off, reinstalled the fuel line and thought everything was good. Well started the bike back up and now it seems like it doesn't have much power or wants to choke it self off. After starting, and giving it a little gas, there seems to be a delay. I tried reinstalling the stock map on the PCV but didn't change anything if not made it more "lagging." Not knowing what is wrong is starting to frustrate me. Could one of the injectors gotten wet due to the gas leaking?

All help is appreciated!

Thank you,
Jon

·
Super Moderator
6,403 Posts
When you hosed the bike off, how forceful was the water jet? Maybe you got some water in somewhere?

That, or the fuel line has a kink in it or otherwise not routed properly? Perhaps take the tank off and remove and inspect the fuel line, then re-install everything.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The first thing that I would try is disconnect / reconnect the battery. If it's electrical that always the first thing that I start with. After that I would turn on the key and "prime the fuel pump" for a few cycles because you may have gotten air in the system which is leading to low fuel pressure. I'd let it prime a handful of times then start it back up again and see what you've got.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input everyone.

I have tried all of the above with no success. I am going to pull the power commander off tonight and see if that makes a difference. I noticed it was flashing the red status light when I tried to start the bike.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All is fixed now. There was an issue with the PCV. It has been dealt with and reinstalled. Bike is up and running!

Now to get a custom tune...thumb up

·
Premium Member
9,018 Posts
All is fixed now. There was an issue with the PCV. It has been dealt with and reinstalled. Bike is up and running!

Now to get a custom tune...thumb up
Good Idea:)

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
A stock bike will give you less problems. It want be loud or as fast as it could be and you want have as much down time.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Guys, this is a zombie thread from 2014, and the OP said the issue was fixed.

·
Premium Member
9,018 Posts
The Monty Python parrot rises again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts