Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
add the thickness of the bracket to the existing bolt length and you're set. Easy as that.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just got an 04 Kingpin, and I just got some factory semi-hard bags and brackets. I ran a search and didn't get an answer. Here's my problem. The bolts I pulled off the bike aren't even long enough to go through the bracket back in to the bike for installation. Am I supposed to get new/longer bolts from the hardware store or am I missing some painfully obvious step? I pretty much got nowhere trying to put on my bags and I have a long trip coming up saturday I really want this project completed for!! Thanks for any help.

PS these aren't quick release brackets just regular ones i found on ebay
Victory bags come with longer bolts. Check back with the dealer. Either you didnt get the ones that were supposed to come, or you lost them and they should be able to get replacements.

·
Registered
123 Posts
He bought the brackets off ebay so the dealer isn't involved.
Then a dealer should be able to get him a set of replacement bolts. It's worth a phone call to check. While he's at it he should make sure nothing else is missing from the package. The brackets should have long bolts to mount to the bike, and I'm pretty sure some extra bolts are used to connect the front of the mounting brackets to the mid-frame of the bike. The bags should have a lot of spacers, mounting clips, nuts, and bolts to mount to the brackets. The spacers are pretty annoying and would get lost easily.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
It wouldn't hurt to call the dealer thats true.

Another option is Outlaw Chrome since they sell brackets.

Enchantor can you post a pic of the brackets?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts