Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2" lomger pullback bars from SR V Twin. As I mentioned when I installed them, I was quite disappointed that mine did not have the knurling where the clamps fit. I thought this was a basix requirement for ALL moto handlebars:confused:.

Anyway, we were VERY careful to torque to specs.

A couple days ago, taking the bike off my lift, I slipped alittle and exerted more down force than usual on the bars.

THEY MOVED, not surprisingly. I tugged and moved them back up:(

My plan is to take them off and figure how/where to get them properly knurled.

To me, these bars are very comfortable, but inferior quality and perhaps a bit dangerous. I realize that under normal riding the bars won't move, but there isn't much, if any, of a safety margin, al least to me.

Just thought I would pass this on,

greg

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have the same bars, several months back I made a stupid error and dumped the bike at a stop sign. I used the bars to lift the bike up off the ground. The bars also touched the ground when the bike fell. They didn't come loose or move at all. I did have mine installed by my dealer. I am wondering if they may have already did something to the bars on my bike so I would not have that problem. I will ask them next week when I stop by to buy another oil change kit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts