Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just bought a 08 Kingpin tour a fine looking bike. After the 500 mile service the bike has developed a nasty belt squell. After several adjustments the dealer has concluded it has a defective rear sprocket. Also when I take my hands of bars the bike makes a extreme cut to the right seems way out of balance. AND when in a corner around 85 to 90 the front end starts a wobble. I love every thing about bike and hope polaris will fix all the problems. Mean while its riding season and my beautifull bike sits in the shop waiting parts. Any one else having same or similar problems. Thanks horibalis

·
Registered
301 Posts
yes
i was ran in to at thunder beach in pc on my 08 kp this spring & totaled it out, it made a squell tinging noise and rideing slow the balance was wobbley. but bought anouther 08 striped modle and put all my extras on it it runs smouth, no noise at all. on the victory motorcycle clubs main page there is some threds about 6 months old about the same thing check it out.

·
Registered
301 Posts
horibiles
im from columbus ga, & so many people me included have had problems wiyh my local dealer with service here, we go to outher dealers, i go to pelham ala. some go to cumming ga, if your dealer isnt, doing his job mabe you need to check out outher shops. and before DOC comes back on and trys to rip on victorys agean i know a hd dealer here that will hang a 12 inch in you quick if you let thim,& that comes from the riders that bought from them. i wish all shops was honest and fair priced but this is the real world and we have to do the best we can & find the shop you feel that gives you the best service. hope it comes out ok.
PS, go to victory motorcycle club and check out there page thay have great help in there in the sw area ask for the great KEVEX HE HELPS A LOT OF PEOPLE.:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
To me your belt squeal is the rear end alignment or poorly matched sprocket and belt, you should be able to see the belt being hacked to pieces if the sprocket is incorrect.

Your wobble at 80 -90 mph and extreme pull to the right could be front and rear wheel alignment probs.

Have someone hold the bike vertical and you stand 20 or so feet directly behind the bike, line up the rear and front wheels and see if the wheels are in line. ( this could be due to an incorrectly tensioned belt........in other words your back wheel is not square in the swingarm..........

Measurement 1:- measure this alignment by measuring the distance from tyre to swingarm on both sides of the swingarm in the same place,

Measurement 2:- or you can just check the adjuster marks on your swingarm where your rear axle bolt tightens..........it would pay to check these and measure the alignment using my first measurement 1 technique every time you adjust your belt in future, just so you know it's adjusted correctly...........I have seen the adjuster marks (incorrectly marked at the factory) on some swingarms in the past.

Check your gooseneck bearings are adjusted correctly....you do this by lifting the front end off the ground just at the front of the frame below the engine........then you grab the front wheel and check if there is any movement back and forth of the front wheel, there is excessive movement (1/8 or more of an inch) the bearings will need some adjustment to take this movement out of the front end.

Gooseneck ------ the bit that holds your tripple trees and forks on the frame.............

You could also look at the wheels balance on both wheels to make sure they are both balanced correctly.

Check tyre pressure as well front and rear.

Make sure you have also balanced the bike if you are carrying anything in the bags on the side of the bike.

Just a couple of things I thought of that might help that you could do yourself pretty easy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts