Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where to start but the other day after taking the bike out of storage for the winter I started it up and it sounds a little rough, the idling just sounded like it was going up and down and wouldn't stay smooth. I took the bike out and on the way home the engine light came on, the rpms dropped and then went came up and once they started coming back up it backfired (did this a couple times) only drove it for about 5 minutes after the light came on.

Then when I was just about home the digital miles meter started going off and on, headlight was dull, and rpms were dropping and coming back up and then the bike just shut off.

I just put in a brand new battery after storage but that is it.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? Thanks!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Check battery cables for any loose connections . I seem to remember others saying these bikes don't like any little bit of electrical interruptions .
I say this based on your description of the digital readout problem.
Sounds like not getting good juice.
Hopefully you put stabil or similar in it when storing.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
+1 on the cables as all the signs are pointing to a power issue. The ECU hates fluctuations. If terminals are good I would follow the leads back to ensure you got a good ground to the chassi as well the + terminal cable is clean and tight both ends.

Only other thing I might look for and I'm not positive the Vegas V92is the same but on the right side of the TBs there might be two vacuum plugs that could be leaking air jacking up the idle causing your power flucs

Keep us posted

Tim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts