Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have problems with warrenties on there Victory?

Bought my second Victory a month ago, stopped at a dealer in Canada (I am from Texas and took a nice long ride). The dealer in Canada said he could not help me with a Warrenty on Saturdays - WHAT?????

Now my intercom system went out - dealer installed before delivery. Now they are arguing it is not under warrenty. The bike is 10 weeks old. What the heck is going on?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was not too impressed with the dealers knowlegede at any of the Houston Dealers. I think what is happening is no one really knows what they can and cant do so it is easier to say they cant do it.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I don't know why, but they do call Polaris to approve warranty work. Don't know if it's the dealers that are operating in fear of the unknown or if they are forced to do so or risk not getting paid. Either way, it's not what you expect out of your warranty. This is why you don't buy extended warranties either. You're better off paying for the repairs from your pocket, if and whey they are needed.

·
12,968 Posts
Being that far from home dealer and in a different country pay for it out of your pocket and when you get home go see dealer.
Be nice and ask for reimbursement or store credit.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Being that far from home dealer and in a different country pay for it out of your pocket and when you get home go see dealer.
Be nice and ask for reimbursement or store credit.
I totally agree. No Saturday warranty work may be a dealer policy and practice, not that of Victory. If they have to call in for a warranty approval prior to the work being done, they may not have anyone to contact on a Saturday. US and Canadian warranty policies and procedures oftimes differ. Call first, some dealers may require an appointment. While not convenient, you have to respect the dealer's policies.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is a Victory policy that a dealer cannot file a claim on Saturday since they are closed. Apparently the dealers are afraid that they will get left with the cost if declined. This was confirmed through Victory today. They suggested that I wait until the next weekday - not a great thing if you are on the road.

Now my bike has been in the shop for 10 days to fix a dang intercom system, and they STILL haven't ordered parts because Victory has not authorized that it is covered under warranty. Victory says its a dealer issue, Dealer says it is a Victory issue. Victory says it wasn't factory installed, I say it is a Pure Victory part and installed by the dealer prior to delivery. This should NOT be an issue at all. Why do things have to be so difficult - and this is a little thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts