Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to Victory.. And Just wondering anyone know how many Victory's are sold in any given year.??
I sure don't see many on the road..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Someone had a pie chart on one of these threads, but victory is the second largest? Producer of large engine motorcycles behind Harley. Something like 15k bikes a year? Someone help me on this haha

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone had a pie chart on one of these threads, but victory is the second largest? Producer of large engine motorcycles behind Harley. Something like 15k bikes a year? Someone help me on this haha
I would think Honda would be # 2 They sell a boat lode of 1800cc engines. Now if you're thinking air cooled Then maybe Victory is #2.
Behind Harley's 230k a year.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
I read the same thing.

·
Registered
837 Posts
HD is first in large displacement motorcycles.
Vic is second
Honda is 3rd--only 1800 they have is Goldwing and Valkyrie. All Vics are 1800

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HD is first in large displacement motorcycles.
Vic is second
Honda is 3rd--only 1800 they have is Goldwing and Valkyrie. All Vics are 1800
Not to split hairs here, But all Victory's are 1731cc
Indian and Hondas are a hair over 1800cc...
But what's a few cc among friends....

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Honda beats HD by a very wide margin world wide. In US sales they don't do as well. Victory simply does not release their US sales data so all you will see is speculation about their numbers. Compared to HD it is very low but who knows how low.

·
Registered
295 Posts
The article uses 12000 average cost of a unit to calculate the number of units, 16250. I think I'd use at least 14000 or even 15000 per unit. Victory sells far more touring/baggers and Indian only sells large bikes. At 14000 per unit that's 14000 units. Indian sales are well up, Victory sales are down slightly this year.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I agree with triumph900, $12k average seems low. New x-bikes are what, 20k give or take? And you see how many more posts there are in the cross section on here than any of the other bikes. I know the amount of people talking about their bikes online doesn't actually equate to the amount of bikes sold, but it seems to me that the x-bikes and the vision are the big sellers, and they're much more than 12k new.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts