Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone I'm thinking of putting a cam in my 2011 cc is there a down side to getting the extra horses ? is it only available in a specific rpm range ? do I still have a smooth running dependable motor?

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Kevin can chime in and answer your quesion or you can call Lloyd direct. he is a very personable guy.

Also since this is a technical question I will move it to the Tech forum.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
poppamark, not sure where you live, but we are trying to get a group together to have the resident wrench guru kevinx up from Fla to do a cam party. The location is tentaviely going to be in Clarksville, TN - hopefully sometime next month. He's offering a package deal of cams, fuel controller, and labor for a very reasonable fee, which includes setting up the fuel controller. thumb up

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cam

thanks tj I live in vancouver bc canada so the cam party is out but any ifo on specs pros and cons etc I would like to know. Keep the shiny side up brother.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have them in my 2011, also did the air cleaner mod and the PC-V. Startling increase in power:D I have not noticed any negatives, other than i have a little less $$ than before cheers

Engine starts, runs, etc as it did before, just away better. I am not usually into engine mods, but, for me, this is a Win Win.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
re cams

thanks for the feedback on the cams it sounds good . LLoyd recomended hoh-vm1-dr cams any one know about this cam or were some of you refering to the victory cams ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
this ones to Greg I noticed you have a lightning my first ride was a thunderbolt , bought new for $1300 those were the days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cam question

I am also thinking of installing the lloyds cam on my 2010 victory cross roads. I have the victory stage one pipes and air filter along with the factory remapping. Will I still need to install a mapping program or will the cams with my presents mods work well as is?

·
Premium Member
13,165 Posts
I am also thinking of installing the lloyds cam on my 2010 victory cross roads. I have the victory stage one pipes and air filter along with the factory remapping. Will I still need to install a mapping program or will the cams with my presents mods work well as is?
According to one of our very knowledgeable mech's who can speak for himself if he so desires; a lot depends on where you live.

If you live in a cooler climate then you can get by without further map changes. In a warmer climate you will likely need a tuner for further changes. This assumes the O2 sensors are unplugged.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts