Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all,

I'm really wanting to put a programmer on my Highball. I've got the 2013 Highball, I've added a simple K&N Air Filter and I've gutted my exhaust. I'm looking at adding the Big City Thunder "Monster Baffles" and that will be about it. I had the Cobra Fi2000 and I was not at all impressed, just had some issues that I couldn't sort out to make my bike run the way I wanted. I know that the Fi2000 seems to work for some people, and I don't want to knock it at all, however it didn't work for me. If anyone can give me some great advice or input on a simply programmer that will assist me with slight modifications I've done to my highball, I would truly appreciate it.

Also, I'm looking to sell my Fi2000, if anyone is interested in it, let me know.

Thanks for the information in advance.

-HT

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, to add some questions.

I was told one to disconnect the O2 Sensors with the Fi2000, truthfully I never did this as I wasn't sure where to disconnect exactly.

I wasn't sure if I should simply disconnect O2 all together, or if there was a specific way to do this. Any advice and insight, would again be greatly appreciated.

-HT

·
12,970 Posts
to disconnect the 02's just follow the wire to the connector and unplug it

Not knowing where you live cause you do not say.
Find a dyno shop and they might be able to get the cobra tuned in. Maybe

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Visionjohnny:

I live in Southern New Mexico. I'm pretty sure I'd have to travel into Texas for a Dyno.

I understand how to disconnect my O2 sensors, I'm just confused. Do I completely disconnect my O2's entirely, or am I merely disconnecting the Cobra from the O2's?

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Visionjohnny:

I live in Southern New Mexico. I'm pretty sure I'd have to travel into Texas for a Dyno.

I understand how to disconnect my O2 sensors, I'm just confused. Do I completely disconnect my O2's entirely, or am I merely disconnecting the Cobra from the O2's?
I would try leaving the Cobra in place and disconnect the O2,s by unplugging both. It,s easy just follow the wires from the sensors back to a plug and disconnect (1 for each sensor). You have already spent $ on a controller give it a chance to work.

·
Registered
427 Posts
If I remember right there is only one adjustment that can be made on the cobra. Don't waste your money on a tune with that controller. Disconnect the O2's and try the adjustment pot see if it helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts