Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started tearing into the 'Pin over the weekend and made some good progress. So far I am extremely happy with the new looks and performance. Still have to get her on a dyno, but it's just about time to put her away for the winter so I took her out for a quick test spin.
Upgrades so far are:
-Conquest Customs Octanes
-S&S Intake
-PCIII (zero map in it now, soon to be tuned on the dyno)
-Rear signal delete w/ all in one license plate frame
-Custom, one-off lay down bracket (by me)

Still to come:
-15" Apes are in the mail
-Longer cables
-Front LED signals
-Lowering Link

My only issue was with the S&S instructions. It seems as if you should start at the last step and work your way backwards when installing the intake. I followed them step-by-step and had to take everything off to put in the coil spacer and make it easier to get the hose clamps on the bottom of the intake for the MAP sensor and breather tube. Other than that, everything went well!! Enjoy the pics and let me know what you think!!

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Started tearing into the 'Pin over the weekend and made some good progress. So far I am extremely happy with the new looks and performance. Still have to get her on a dyno, but it's just about time to put her away for the winter so I took her out for a quick test spin.
Upgrades so far are:
-S&S Intake

Still to come:
-Longer cables
-Front LED signals
-Lowering Link

My only issue was with the S&S instructions. It seems as if you should start at the last step and work your way backwards when installing the intake. I followed them step-by-step and had to take everything off to put in the coil spacer and make it easier to get the hose clamps on the bottom of the intake for the MAP sensor and breather tube. Other than that, everything went well!! Enjoy the pics and let me know what you think!!

I believe your 'Pin is going to force you to buy a battery tender....for your car.:grin
Great stuff nvkevin!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
looks good!

i assume by the wheels its a premium ,but what year. is that a factory paint scheme? not needing another bike but being curious i tested a 6,xxx mile 07 pin like new but the silver paint did nothing for me + although my first encounter with floorboards they were not for me. if i would need a replacement for my 13 hammer a pin would be first on the list, their looks grew on me!!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Upgrades so far are:
-S&S Intake

Still to come:
-Longer cables
-Front LED signals
-Lowering Link

Not to mention the Linbar. Thinking of getting one for my KP. How do you like those? Be nice for long highway rides.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice bike! I really like the signal delete an lay down plate... you built it yourself? I've been lookin at options for mine. I absolutely hate how the plate sticks up like a billboard an kills the lines on the pin's

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i assume by the wheels its a premium ,but what year. is that a factory paint scheme? not needing another bike but being curious i tested a 6,xxx mile 07 pin like new but the silver paint did nothing for me + although my first encounter with floorboards they were not for me. if i would need a replacement for my 13 hammer a pin would be first on the list, their looks grew on me!!
This is a 2004 Kingpin. Factory paint scheme.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not to mention the Linbar. Thinking of getting one for my KP. How do you like those? Be nice for long highway rides.
The bars are great for long rides when I want to kick my feet up and cruise. I'm pretty tall, so I will be installing a set of pegs on the bars to give me a little more room to stretch out.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice bike! I really like the signal delete an lay down plate... you built it yourself? I've been lookin at options for mine. I absolutely hate how the plate sticks up like a billboard an kills the lines on the pin's
I didn't build the plate frame myself. It's a Custom Dynamics with all the lights integrated. I did fabricate the bracket that the frame/plate mount to. I didn't like the way the plate sticks up, as you mention.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
plate mod

the OE plate would be my first mod for sure! the Vics make the cookie cutter bikes look as they are really drab. paint scheme is a nice touch for sure!

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the OE plate would be my first mod for sure! the Vics make the cookie cutter bikes look as they are really drab. paint scheme is a nice touch for sure!
The bike has since been repainted. Check out my thread titled "King Country Conversion" in the Kingpin section for the new look. It's a different bike now.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The bars are great for long rides when I want to kick my feet up and cruise. I'm pretty tall, so I will be installing a set of pegs on the bars to give me a little more room to stretch out.
Yeah I'm just a hair under 6'3", and wondered if they would be too close to use as normal for putting the feet up. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I'm just a hair under 6'3", and wondered if they would be too close to use as normal for putting the feet up. Thanks.

I'm right at 6'4" so we are about the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts