Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to fill in my opinion on my 7Jurock shield experience yesterday. About 10 miles into our 200+ mile ride yesterday. I encountered a early Thanksgiving. Took a fairly large turkey to the windshield at about 60mph!!! Well the one thing I had noticed the most when replacing the stock shield was how much thicker the7Jurock shield was, thinking if I had the stock shield still in place I would have taken that bird to the chest. No injuries, except for the bird, which still flew away, but pretty sure he will have a rough recovery. Hats off to 7Jurock for building a heavy duty product, which will be replaced, due to being in two pieces now. LOL thumb up

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
First time I have heard of this brand! Thanks for that. I like their prices!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've been running their shields on my bike and the wife's ( 2011 and 2012 ) and have no complaints. Mine has survived some good rock hits with just a small chip. No complaints here.

·
Registered
44 Posts
After ordering a shield I THOUGHT was the right size for me, I found I really wanted it another inch shorter. My fault, not theirs. I called to ask about ordering another shield and I was told if I wanted, I could send it in for a free replacement, or I could keep it, and they would send me another one at less than half price of a new one! They sent me a new shield for $50, no questions asked. I couldn't believe it.

Dealing with them was an absolute pleasure and they have a customer for life. Hard to find company's like that now a days...

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hmm, that's good to hear. Checked out their site yesterday and I like the fact that they can make a shield plus or minus of OEM to pretty much whatever you want. I was planning on making some ghetto relocation brackets to lift my screen up a couple inches so I can verify the height I need before ordering something and I will still do that but it's nice to know I have options in case I still get it wrong.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
After ordering a shield I THOUGHT was the right size for me, I found I really wanted it another inch shorter. My fault, not theirs. I called to ask about ordering another shield and I was told if I wanted, I could send it in for a free replacement, or I could keep it, and they would send me another one at less than half price of a new one! They sent me a new shield for $50, no questions asked. I couldn't believe it.

Dealing with them was an absolute pleasure and they have a customer for life. Hard to find company's like that now a days...

Are you wanting to sell the one that is too tall??

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
I've had their shield on my wife's XCT for almost a year. It's well made and to her specs. I've dealt with most brands and they are as good as the best and better than some.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Had Mine Over a year now with 20,000 miles with the 13" Flip .. It's just a tad too high going with a 12 or 12.5 when replace it ..

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have the 14" flip and its just right. I'm 6' 3" and sit up very straight, due to a ridged spine. I can see over it, or duck under, if need be. My friend, who is a bit taller than I am, says its to tall, and the flip makes visibility tough! I tell him, I feel cramped on his Ultra! Quality product at a good price.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of a 7Jurock 11" light grey flip style windshield on their XC they could post? I'm not certain about this but it looks like they offer two shapes/styles to choose from, one is rounded around across the top and sides and it's shaped like the stock windshield and the other appears to be flatter across the top with squared off sides. Pics of both styles mounted would be great. I've searched as best possible here and other sites, it seems as though when people post pics they leave out some kind of information either they don't specify what height, color/tint or style/shape they have on their bike which can make identifying subtle differences difficult for an old guys eyeballs.

Tech23

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
had one made to my specs by them. good price, service, and
reasonable timeframe to make it. from what i heard from members,
awhole picture window gave up its life for me, but it works
really great.kudos to 7 jurok!---thumb up

·
Registered
204 Posts
Their customer service is a dream to work with....best ever IMHO. I went through a number of their shields trying to get just the right fit. I finally found it in a 12.75" standard shield. 7Jurock most definitely ROCKS!

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
nice find got a damaged shield on ebay for 40 bucks if I like it this will be a great cost saver over a new factory shield.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Their customer service is a dream to work with....best ever IMHO. I went through a number of their shields trying to get just the right fit. I finally found it in a 12.75" standard shield. 7Jurock most definitely ROCKS!
Is this clear or light grey?

Tech23

·
Premium Member
64 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
never mind I think I found what I was looking for.

·
Registered
12 Posts
OK, so I'm checking out the 7Jurock website thinking about getting a shield for my CCT, the pictures on the website for the CCT clearly show they are using the taller brackets for their windshield and it isn't a clean look. The OEM shield is blacked out around the bracket so as to hide the bracket itself and the fasteners. Can anyone tell me if this is truly the way 7Jurock currently ships their CCT shields or have they improved the shield to hide the bracket?

I suppose I could remove the brackets and order a shield for the CC with the smaller brackets, but I'm just curious. Thanks.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The XC shield slips under the fairing so only needs the smaller bracket. The XCT shield sits off the fairing to allow for better wind flow and more even pressure on both sides of the shield...meaning less buffeting...hence the extra brackets. I used some vinyl cutouts adhered to the shield to block out the brackets, but you could just as easily mark and tape off that portion of the shield and paint that area black like the OEM shield. Not hard at all.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
281 Posts
OK, so I'm checking out the 7Jurock website thinking about getting a shield for my CCT, the pictures on the website for the CCT clearly show they are using the taller brackets for their windshield and it isn't a clean look. The OEM shield is blacked out around the bracket so as to hide the bracket itself and the fasteners. Can anyone tell me if this is truly the way 7Jurock currently ships their CCT shields or have they improved the shield to hide the bracket?

I suppose I could remove the brackets and order a shield for the CC with the smaller brackets, but I'm just curious. Thanks.
I was concerned about that too, but after I installed it, I didn't mined the look! Just not much different.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts