Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one tell me the pros and cons on drilling out baffels on stock exhaust. I have a 2012 Victory Vegas and was thinking about doing this for a better sound.

·
Registered
504 Posts
#1 con is you lose all the designed back-pressure and that equals a minor loss of power... if that doesnt bother you so much then its all PRO!

If you buy a Bassani, Vance & Hines or any other reputable type system then they are engineered to sustain a certain amount of back-pressure, keep the engine performance and get the sound all together.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I wouldn't do it, i thought about it but bought bassani pipes instead and it sounds awesome. I may be buying different pipes soon and will be selling mine if you're interested.Only been on the bike for about 2000 miles or so

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you're like me and can't afford pipes right now, DO IT! The stock cans are just soooooooooooo quiet. I went ahead and removed the cans from my Judge and unplugged the O2 sensors. I'm good until I have enough saved for an RPW Big Slash (and Torque Tubes, tuner, and on and on and on lol). Loss of low end torque (minimal) but I can live with that for now.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Pros, none that I can think of.
Cons, it will make riding noisier and more tiring for long runs.
It will likely cost you a tiny bit of low end power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts