Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, new to this forum. I'm from Central Canada and strongly considering purchasing a Sunset Red 2013 XCT to replace my well worn 2001 Vulcan Nomad. Signed up to peruse the info and seek some advice on the XCT board.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the forum and best of luck finding the bike you're looking for with the pricing you want!

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
XCT is a good choice if had it to doover again probably would have went with a New XCT but they did make me a sweet deal on the left over 12 XC .. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
XCT Purchase

As a owner of a 2012 XCT, highly recommend it. The only issues i have had is the heated seats don't put enough heat out to be worth while (no big deal), but sure do love those heated grips, and the "low" setting cranks out more than enough heat.

The other issue is that it has a 5.8 gal tank, the OM says the LFL will come on at 1.0 gal, but every time I have filled up as soon as the LFL comes on, I still have anywhere from 2.0 - 2.4 gals left.

Great long distance touring bike, largest cargo capacity out there; Goldwing and Harley doesn't come close.

I'm ready to do the USA4CT in a couple weeks, and will be putting close to 9,600 miles on it, so will let you know how it fairs riding across our Great Country. Thus far, just been taking short 300-400 mile rides.

Good luck on your search, and welcome aboard. You may also check out the Victory Motorcycle Club (***) and Victory Owners Group (***) websites.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Howdy, new to this forum. I'm from Central Canada and strongly considering purchasing a Sunset Red 2013 XCT to replace my well worn 2001 Vulcan Nomad. Signed up to peruse the info and seek some advice on the XCT board.
Welcome Chili. I came from a 2006 Nomad that I traveled a dozen states with. The XCT is so much more bike I can't believe it sometimes! Go for it!! I did! cheers

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome Chili. I came from a 2006 Nomad that I traveled a dozen states with. The XCT is so much more bike I can't believe it sometimes! Go for it!! I did! cheers
Thanks for the welcomes guys. BD, when the wife asks I'm blaming you Kris and Monkeyman for adding to my already weak will, while cruising the VBA site.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Check out the Vision too. I road both and went Vision. Pain at gas station when everyone asks about the bike but otherwise a great ride.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check out the Vision too. I road both and went Vision. Pain at gas station when everyone asks about the bike but otherwise a great ride.
I like the Vision but the smaller cargo capacity is an issue. The wife and I usually do one 25-35 trip a season and need as much room as possible.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just brought my Boardwalk Blue home a couple of weeks ago. Added the heel toe shifter to it and got the longer 2" pullback handlebars. Will have the dealer install them at the 500 mile service. 300 miles to go on the break in. Love this bike. Handles better than any bike Ive owned. Good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just brought my Boardwalk Blue home a couple of weeks ago. Added the heel toe shifter to it and got the longer 2" pullback handlebars. Will have the dealer install them at the 500 mile service. 300 miles to go on the break in. Love this bike. Handles better than any bike Ive owned. Good luck with your purchase.
The 2" pullbacks are a must for me, I found I had to stretch a bit on full lock turns. I'm torn on the heel/toe shifter, never had one before my Nomad but I've come to like it so I might put one on this bike as well.

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
Don't quote me but I think the XCT comes with the heel/toe shifter. Not a big deal if it doesn't though. A hundred bucks and about 2 minutes will take care of it.

The XCT really is the best deal going. I like to leave the trunk off most the time and just use a backrest if needed but others prefer to leave it on all the time for the tunes and for the lady if they ride 2 up a lot.

There are so many great performance and bling mods for the X bikes nowadays too. One could have an empty wallet very soon if they weren't careful. :D I don't think you need to ask me how I know. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
don't quote me but i think the xct comes with the heel/toe shifter. Not a big deal if it doesn't though. A hundred bucks and about 2 minutes will take care of it.

The xct really is the best deal going. I like to leave the trunk off most the time and just use a backrest if needed but others prefer to leave it on all the time for the tunes and for the lady if they ride 2 up a lot.

there are so many great performance and bling mods for the x bikes nowadays too. One could have an empty wallet very soon if they weren't careful. :d i don't think you need to ask me how i know. ;)

+ 1 ... :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
xct

only had mine a year now and only 2 nice long weekend trips out of town, only thing is my center shock drops air, other than that this is 1 great ride, does everything the wife and i want, i dont think they make a better bike, no matter the cost!!!!! thumb up

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well we can remove the word "prospective" from the title, picked up a 2012 XCT demo bike from the dealer today at what I feel was a screaming deal. Can't wait to start adding some of the accessories and get some miles on it before I leave for the Tail of the Dragon May 10th.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Well we can remove the word "prospective" from the title, picked up a 2012 XCT demo bike from the dealer today at what I feel was a screaming deal. Can't wait to start adding some of the accessories and get some miles on it before I leave for the Tail of the Dragon May 10th.
Congrats and Enjoy the Ride ...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Be careful on the Dragon. Weekdays aren't as bad as weekends. Wish I could get my XCT out of FL and into the mountains. This bike seems like its going to handle great in the curves.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Be careful on the Dragon. Weekdays aren't as bad as weekends. Wish I could get my XCT out of FL and into the mountains. This bike seems like its going to handle great in the curves.
Run it over to Ozello Trail in Crystal River and give it a go, check out the Power Sports Dealer while there .. Best curves going to find in FL for any length of distance ..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, I plan to ride well within my limits in the Dragon area, there will be 12 of us going and we are a long way from home, don't need any issues from ego.

Completely off topic but I see you're from Titusville, one of my favorite restaurant memories is from Dixie Crossroads. Being a flatlander from the plains of Central Canada I thought that was a killer seafood joint. We went there every time we visited my Grandparents and Great Uncle who wintered in FLorida.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Run it over to Ozello Trail in Crystal River and give it a go, check out the Power Sports Dealer while there .. Best curves going to find in FL for any length of distance ..
Ive got to get over there and do that ride. Ive know about it for years and never made it over there to ride it. Thanks for the reminder.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks, I plan to ride well within my limits in the Dragon area, there will be 12 of us going and we are a long way from home, don't need any issues from ego.

Completely off topic but I see you're from Titusville, one of my favorite restaurant memories is from Dixie Crossroads. Being a flatlander from the plains of Central Canada I thought that was a killer seafood joint. We went there every time we visited my Grandparents and Great Uncle who wintered in FLorida.
If you cross over the Dragon from the TN side continue on down Hwy 129 and pick up 143 Cherehola Skyway and ride it into Telico Plains. Great motorcycle road with lots of scenery and climbs to 5,000 ft. in elevation. Its a 52 mi. ride thats well worth your time. Pick up Rte. 360 near Telico Plains and run that back to 129. One big giant loop but give yourself all day. Yes the seafood place in T'ville is Dixie Crossroads. Great food. BTW I live in T'ville now but was born and raised in WV.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts