Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If your afraid of damaging your bike while practicing your turns or doing slow speed cone courses here is what we've come up with.
The first pictures are the redneck way, which included heater hose covered with a hydraulic hose abrasion cover which I purchased at a local hose store. This works for one or two minor drop/skids but if you do a lot of cone courses you'd have to change it out after a few drops.

The next pictures is the upgraded system, we used a two piece 1 5/16" ID black steel shaft collar clamp, on the crash bars approximately 9" out from the black cover surrounding the area where the bars are bolted on the bike. Basically at the center of the radius. Inside the clamp I protected the chrome using a thin bike inner tube. IMPORTANT these clamps must be super tight so they won't slide down the crash bar scratching it when you skid on the pavement. Above that I installed cheap highway foot pegs upside down, approximately 2" higher than where the ground would be if it tipped over. I don't want them to touch unless its going all the way over. When I practice I put them out and this keeps me from worrying about those rare times when the bike might possibly drop all the way over on its side and damage the front fairing. Clamps were purchased for about $25 at Mc Master Carr.

For the saddle bag bars. I found a local metal fabricator who took some pipe bent it to match the slight curve on the saddle bag bars, then cut it in half. Cost $25.. I painted them and used 3M double sided tape and wire ties to secure it to the bars. I haven't tested it yet but I am sure it will stand up to numerous drops and skids.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more pics

finished saddle bag protection

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to mention that this will work with or without the hard lowers on. My bike is a 2012 XCT but I have taken the lowers off for the summer months.

·
13,262 Posts
thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts