Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all! My name is Tony, aged twenty-seven, and I just got myself a lovely '06 Victory Hammer yesterday. Much more fun than the '85 Shadow 500 that got backed into a month ago and prompted the purchase, and also more fun than the Electra Glide I learned to ride on some three years back.
I'm a year-round rider with eight miles (if you take the most direct route) of the Portland, OR area's wine country between home and the place in which I make my modest living, that being a Nissan service department. When I'm not riding, working, or working on finding a better line of work, I like making and recording music (of the prog rock/power metal flavor, mostly), smoking the occasional bowl of pipe tobacco, enjoying some of Oregon's fine beers, going to local metal shows, and, more often than not, playing video games or engaging in some other nerdy-and-often-antisocial activity.
Oh, yeah. I also do all my own maintenance, and although I have a copy of my bike's service manual, I'll probably have some questions for my fellow (but more experienced) gearheads, as no used bike is without its problems to which service manuals offer no suggestions or solutions outright. Cheers, and please don't chain-whip me-- or rather, please don't belt-whip me. But if you happen to have a spare chain from some non-Victory lying around, don't hit me with that, either.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Best looking bike in the victory lineup.... ever! cheers and welcome!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, that was helpful. One of my problems is a low idle speed; I've pretty much never been able to get the idle above 500rpm without using the cold start lever, and I was planning an expedition into the throttle body area with a can of Berryman's B12. Now I've a good visual on what to expect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts