Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As our Victory XC/XR continue to put on weight (as do I), with the adding of new accessories; i.e., hard lowers, trunk, saddlebag guard rails, etc.. How does this affect our tire psi? Our owner's manual recommends 36 up to (200 lbs)-38 psi (max load capacity) front and 38-40 psi rear for our Dunlop Elite 3s. Would really like to know if the psi settings should be changed or...:confused: Recommendations?

·
13,033 Posts
Of coarse you know to check air when tire is cold and do it the first of every month. In hot summer months the tire will loose air.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Visionjohnny, thanks for the reminder. Most of us don't check our air presure as often as needed, which will adversely effect tire life.
I normallly check my tire presure at least every two weeks. Currently have 13K on my Dunlop Elite 3s and still about another 2K tread remaining. Thanks again for reminding us all how important it is to check our tire presure.cheers

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
And we thought those German Engineers were picky...

This brings up a subject that I'd like to send a kudo to Victory on: their specifying weights and tire pressure etc. thumb up

When I first got my BMW K1200 GT, I asked the service manager what were the recommended weights for the electronic suspension adjustment system? They offer Comfort, Normal and Sport settings for rider/+1 passenger/plus baggage. (And yes, they work)

Much to my surprise he had no answer, and said that nobody had ever asked that question before! Being just over 200 without gear, I opted to set mine for rider plus baggage, and have never looked back; and doubt that I will until I have to replace that $900 shock....

Thanks Victory for being thoughtfully thorough! thumb up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts