Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

PT 2- Got my XC back from the dealer- vm1 cams, d&d...

4K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  RiderJohn 
#1 · (Edited)
One month to the date from drop off the bike was picked up at MOMS south this past Sat.

We arrived and after stretching and cracking my back (i rode my girls Honda shadow 600 up with her on the back), walked into the dealer to the service dept. I was greeted by Matt. The first thing he says is "your bike screws", "it turned out perfect" I paid and they told me, we will bring your bike around front.

Within a minute or so, I hear this thunderous sound coming from there gigantic back warehouse and much like a kid on Christmas morning, I was running to the front of the store to see and here it first hand.

Holy sh@t, the bike went from sounding like a sewing machine to a big bad azz machine! The D&D pipes sound amazing. Coming from the sport bike world for fifteen plus years D&D pipes really don't command much respect, they don't make the power and are out-shined by other companies like Akro, Yosh, Graves, Hindle and others. Needless to say I was a bit concerned when this was the suggestion by Matt to use D&D on my Victory. Rest assured my concerns are no longer an issue they are the perfect sounding pipe, not too loud, not too quite...they really bark and come alive with a quick snap of the throttle.

My other concern is since my XC is black, it is very easy to scratch the paint if your not careful. Zero issues, the bike came back in the same showroom condition as when dropped off, nothing but praise for the care and attention that Matt offered my bike.

switching gears for a moment then back to the xc.
My girlfriend was looking around at other bikes and said where is the Victory that I really liked during the open house (one month ago). I located the Vegas model and we began to go back and forth...me..trade your bike in (her first bike a shadow vlx 600) and buy the Vegas. At this point the owner of MOMs heard me talking and walked over, he asked which is her bike, and I pointed to the shadow. He shows us the NADA pricing and offers her 2500 for the bike. My girl is telling me the standard thing..."I have to think about the purchase...so I tell her, buy it today and I will kick in 2k cash to help with the down payment of the bike. To make a long story short, it looks like we will be heading back to the dealer this week to pick up the bike. Of course the Vegas will be kept at my house so I have another Victory to ride when she is at work.

back to the XC

The ride

I put 300 miles on the bike that day and it is fantastic. While the stock bike would begin to roll over at 4500-5k on the tach, it now pulls to 6k with no signs of any rolling over. The sound at upper rpms is amazing...I cant describe it but all I can say is buy the D&D pipes...your Victory will put the sound of a Harley to shame!

Throughout the day and night I was very heavy fisted on the gas, both start off at lights and running it to 100-120 many times on the road. My mpg still averaged over 48 which I am quite happy with as many people have stated theirs dropped off considerably. I guess the tune/reflash of the ecm from lloyds is damn near spot on with the combo that Matt suggested.

Let me finish by saying if its in your budget add the vm1 cams, d&d's, reflash, iac, lloyds controller...it takes a great bike and makes it that much better, you will have no regrets and many more smiles to the mile...

Its 4:30 am and I am going for a ride....

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats on the new add-ons! thumb up

I had the same experience riding from KMC Power Sports in Westerly, RI to my house in CT after Kyle completed the engine mods on my XC.:D

Enjoy! cheers

#3 ·
Sounds like they made you a happy man and are also going to make the GF happy as well.

You say "if it's in your budget", if you don't mind telling what was the budget for your mods and labor?

#4 ·
here is a complete break down on the invoice

d&d slip on $575.00
lloyds idle air valve 71.99
lloyds fuel controller 247.46
vm1 cam 445.50
high performance air filter 47.99
gasket kit 29.79
reflash ecu 225.00
labor 5 hours 475.00
shop supplies 10.00
parts discount (open house) -237.44

total with 88.61 tax = $2216.34

#6 ·
Moms does not have a dyno....and to be honest it really does not matter to me. Matt told me that he did one and finished 2-3 days before mine with the same combo 2010 xc and the person ran to a dyno....111 rwhp sae 113 rwtq...

#7 ·
Dyno numbers don't mean a whole lot...just curious. The numbers that do mean something are mpg. I'm running pretty much the same set up and get nowhere near 48mpg. The mileage computer says that and more, but the actual is much less for me.

#8 ·
I am just looking at the before vs after with respect to mpg....I averaged 48.8 via the bikes computer over several tanks of gas city/highway. On the way back from Moms and over the 300+ miles ridden the day of pick up and the 75 earlier this morning it still reads over 48. This was with the numbers being reset at the time of pick up.

#11 ·
#14 ·
Matt did say that if I see a few drops, dont panic, its not leaking. He said that no matter how hard he tries he cant clean all the oil from the cylinder fins when doing a cam change.

Fortunately mine had no residual oil and no smoking....guess he got all the oil off of mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.