Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changing my CCT back to OEM exhaust headers and need to pull the oil filter.
How much oil will I lose when I pull it? WD video says just a couple TBS but I don't know if his oil was already drained.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
That's right -- maybe a few tablespoons, at most. I did it in late December. My bike was on a level floor, on its side stand.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
How much oil will I lose when I pull it? WD video says just a couple TBS but I don't know if his oil was already drained.
What aftermarket set up did you have and why are you changing back? Problems with the one you are using? Noisy? just curious.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

why do you need to pull the filter? i just pulled my stock setup off and never pulled the filter

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What aftermarket set up did you have and why are you changing back? Problems with the one you are using? Noisy? just curious.
Bike I bought had a ghetto 2 in 1 mod of OEM where crossover tube was cut and capped and right muffler was completely hollowed.

What a godawful racket. I don't want to pull my front header tube so goal is to install the crossover section with front tube in place = have to pull the filter.

Might not work, but gonna try.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
i pulled my complete system, didnt touch the filter, but you may want to loosen the front headpipe, i couldnt quite get the rear pipe off till i loosened it up, it helped. good luck the connection at the front rear headpipe was a pain! shoot a little wd or something on it and lots of wiggling!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
When I pulled my stock pipes off. I took the filter off. It only looses a little oil and I makes life much easier. It only takes a second to pull the filter. It wasn't even enough lost to register on the dipstick. To me working on that exhaust is enough of a hassle to have to work around the filter.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
gotcha, i didnt even notice if the filter was in the way. mine came off just fine, as far as that goes

·
13,262 Posts
Put a 2x4 under back tire and loose none

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bike I bought had a ghetto 2 in 1 mod of OEM where crossover tube was cut and capped and right muffler was completely hollowed.

What a godawful racket. I don't want to pull my front header tube so goal is to install the crossover section with front tube in place = have to pull the filter.

Might not work, but gonna try.
Not done with the job yet, but the (2nd hand) replacement center section with crossover is bolted in place. Didn't have to loosen the front flange bolts. It *just* slid into place and had to have the wife do a bit of prying at one point but it's done.
I did apply a very thin film of moly-grease to the slip joints and things slid back together without much trouble.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
cool! but like i said i pulled mine off without pulling the filter, didnt loosen the front header till the rear was almost off, loosened it up and it popped off. i was pulling the front header anyway, but didnt have to.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just dawned on me - my exhaust flange nuts hand no washers of any kind under them. What type should I use?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
no washers needed

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
i hear ya, but they didnt come with a washer

1 - 15 of 15 Posts