Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Pullback, Mini-Ape, what?

10K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  slickvic 
#1 ·
I'm considering changing my handlebars. Just a tad undecided which way to go so hoping to get some feedback.

What I want is for the bars to be closer to me and it seems the 2" pullbacks will do that.

However, I'm also looking for a bit of an angle change at the grips so that my wrists are turned in just a tad from the stock angle.

I don't necessarilly need the bars to be higher but I could handle some height if no other choice.

Don't want to be changing out any brake lines or cables.

Thoughts / suggestions?

#2 · (Edited)
Not sure how flexible your checkbook is, but I would highly recommend the Heli bars. Pricey to say the least, but no other bars on the market have the adjustability that these have. I absostinkinlutely love mine!

Oh yeah, no cable adjustment or extensions required!

#4 ·
Not sure how flexible your checkbook is, but I would highly recommend the Heli bars. Pricey to say the least, but no other bars on the market have the adjustability that these have. I absostinkinlutely love mine!
I have the Ness Modular Apes. Should have got the Heli bars.

#3 ·
I have the HMD520 Gorilla Bagger Bars, they have a better turn at the grips for wrists, although a tad bit taller, no extension cables are necessary. :wink

#5 ·
I have the Victory 2" pullback bars on my CCT and like them, a lot. This winter I'll install the Victory ape handlebars and give them a go. I sat on a couple of Magnums with the Victory apes and found them very comfortable. Since I haven't installed the apes yet, I can't comment on riding with them. But they're the same bars Victory often shows on the Magnum in pictures. These ones: Ape Hanger Handlebars - Chrome | Victory Motorcycles Store

#6 ·
Are you going to sell your 2" pullbacks when you install the Apes? :wink

#8 ·
when i worked at a dealer I was shocked how many complained about there bars and how their shoulder and arms would hurt.
I asked have you ever tried to re adjusting them to fit you.
"no"
I wondered why. That was one of the first things I would do.
You guys are smart looking for something that fits you and makes your ride more comfortable for you. Its a shame bars coast so much.

#9 ·
#10 ·
Harley has got away with it for years. So do they in home building. They show you a unit all farlkled out, special this that what not and then drop the "oh yea" bomb. thats an up grade. Those cabines, yea sure are nice. Sorry up grade Bike same thing it seems. Wow nice radio, fair speakers, oh you want it to work with modern day tech wireless headsets? You need a $100 this cable and $100 that piece.

#11 ·
It's always a good idea when a person is budgeting to add 10% to allow for the "unexpected" ..... (is 10% even enough these days? LOL)

Beware of the ads saying "starting at" as well as those saying "up to" (as in up to 20% off)

Also watch out for ads saying 0% interest because that is almost always meaning APR (After Prime Rate).

And I hate the one's advertising "at dealer invoice" or "employee pricing" ... it's all a big "come on" and you can be sure the dealer isn't going to lose or go below their minimum profit margin.

#12 ·
Perhaps it is different in Canada but in the USA "APR" stands for "Annual Percentage Rate" which is a simplified measure and, some argue, a more accurate measure of the true cost of a loan. Most lenders are required to publish an APR to assure they are not trying to trick you with some more complex interest rate like a monthly rate, some sort of compounded rate, etc.

G'day,

Vinish

#14 ·
You're correct, I misunderstood that.

That said, 0% APR advertising is like a "bait and switch" game (although it really isn't because the 0% is valid only to folks with the very highest credit score). Truth is, very few actually qualify for 0%.

#15 ·
Usually the really low APR rates are really short. Maybe 2yr to pay off bike/car @ 2.99 APR or ) % for 6 months. Well who is gona finance a bike for 2 yr? Someone that dont need to.

#16 ·
If I like the Victory apes as much as I like the Victory 2" pullback bars, the 2" pullbacks will go to one of my BFC riding brothers. If I don't like the apes as much as the 2" pullbacks, I'll simply remount the 2" pullbacks and let someone else try the apes.

I measure 16" on the Victory 2" pullback bars going from the left mount to the clutch perch. The Victory apes measure 16" as well so I don't think I'll have any issue with cables or hoses. My dealer installed the 2" pullbacks so they have already done any cable and/or hose re-routing.

#18 ·
Strokers Dallas has a set of apes called Boogie Bars. They could fit the need as they are not such a high ape hanger and they will work with stock cables. They look good too.

Reactions: Chattanooga Mark
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.