Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been back and forth on cams and tonight I decided to go for it. I know at this point it's lame but putting $$ into a dead brand was the last thing I wanted to do but maybe the pain of the kick right square in the nuts is easing or I just realize my bike basically has no value so I might as well make the best of it. Whatever the reason I have Lloydz HOH-VM1-DR cams on the way. By the time they get here I'll be leaving for a much needed vacation so when I get back I'll start tearing the bike down.

Since Polaris slammed the door and I bought the VStrom I really never ride the Vic anymore. I've put 16,000 miles on the Vstrom in the last year and maybe 4000 on the Vic. I'm hoping digging into it will bring back the love I've lost for my Cross Country, it's a fantastic bike and I really don't like the attitude I have towards it. I'm not a fan a betrayal, just doesn't sit well with me.

Anyone interested in cams I bought them here CLICK $62 under list.

@Tarzan

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
I've been back and forth on cams and tonight I decided to go for it. I know at this point it's lame but putting $$ into a dead brand was the last thing I wanted to do but maybe the pain of the kick right square in the nuts is easing or I just realize my bike basically has no value so I might as well make the best of it. Whatever the reason I have Lloydz HOH-VM1-DR cams on the way.
GOOD .... actually i kinda agree with your vision @vindex1963 these bikes are "worthless" for orher people, but "priceless" for us .... having a completely stock CCT and a souped up Jack-Hammer the difference is mind boggling ....

You will like the power gain ...

Whoever sells a second hand vic will get peanuts for there bike, so better enjoy until the wheels fall off, it has NO USE SELLING our beloved vics ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
259 Posts
these bikes are "worthless" for orher people, but "priceless" for us ....

Whoever sells a second hand vic will get peanuts for there bike, so better enjoy until the wheels fall off, it has NO USE SELLING our beloved vics ...
Andre using TaPaTaLk
I was thinking this very thought while I was riding home after work. My bike was sitting in the middle of some harleys, Yamahas a triumph and some kind of expensive electric motorcycle and I thought to myself. I have the absolutely best looking and probably most reliable bike in the bunch and unbelievably the cheapest one also. I will never comprehend how I picked up a bike of this Caliber for $4000!!!! But their loss is my gain and good thing I have no intrest in ever selling it :wink

·
Registered
277 Posts
I've been back and forth on cams and tonight I decided to go for it. I know at this point it's lame but putting $$ into a dead brand was the last thing I wanted to do but maybe the pain of the kick right square in the nuts is easing or I just realize my bike basically has no value so I might as well make the best of it. Whatever the reason I have Lloydz HOH-VM1-DR cams on the way. By the time they get here I'll be leaving for a much needed vacation so when I get back I'll start tearing the bike down.

Since Polaris slammed the door and I bought the VStrom I really never ride the Vic anymore. I've put 16,000 miles on the Vstrom in the last year and maybe 4000 on the Vic. I'm hoping digging into it will bring back the love I've lost for my Cross Country, it's a fantastic bike and I really don't like the attitude I have towards it. I'm not a fan a betrayal, just doesn't sit well with me.

Anyone interested in cams I bought them here CLICK $62 under list.

@Tarzan
I have the opposite problem.
Of my 5 street bikes, I spend over 50% of my rides on my XC, and if I need to take enough with me, I put the trunk on.
06 KP 8ball runs brilliantly, and I love to ride it, but isn't as handy for computer, etc.
I have cams & high compression pistons on a shelf for it, but we didn't get enough winter to get them installed.
I may have to get XC bag mounts made for the kingpin so the XC can get torn down!
I picked up an 09 KP for CHEAP to hotrod (similar to Conquest Customs setup).
I couldn't care less what resale value is.
They work better & look cooler than anything similar.
I'm pretty happy to collect parts & keep riding these killer bikes!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to be clear, I do care about resale. My bikes aren't toys they're year around primary transportation so value is important to me. They are grocery getter's, vacation rides, work commuter and so on. That's been my "on the fence" about putting money into a bike I'll never get a return on but figured I'm married to this bike so I might as well up the power for the 2-up loaded for the weekend get-aways. It'll also be fun tearing into it doing the install.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Oh Boy, OH Boy, OH BOYYYYY !!!

Okay seriously you'll be amazed at what the cams do, but you know its all about the tuning(so don't skimp). I gained 21hp and a dead flat torque "curve" into the higher rpms. Driving around normally I don't feel much difference as in the big Vic still behaves well and has plenty of grunt, but damn....when I want to go there's a whole other bike just a wrist twist away ;)

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Just to be clear, I do care about resale. My bikes aren't toys they're year around primary transportation so value is important to me. They are grocery getter's, vacation rides, work commuter and so on. That's been my "on the fence" about putting money into a bike I'll never get a return on but figured I'm married to this bike so I might as well up the power for the 2-up loaded for the weekend get-aways. It'll also be fun tearing into it doing the install.
Yeah yeah yeah.... rub it in... :laugh

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah yeah yeah.... rub it in... :laugh
Hahaha, that's not my intention but when I see "I don't care about resale" well....cool, I like my money and try to keep as much as I can.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Hahaha, that's not my intention but when I see "I don't care about resale" well....cool, I like my money and try to keep as much as I can.
I'm just bitching about not being able to ride year round and every day like yourself. Friendly ribbing from a fellow machinist. :wink

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm just bitching about not being able to ride year round and every day like yourself. Friendly ribbing from a fellow machinist. :wink
Mill or lathe? Part spinner or tool spinner?

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Welp, now you've done it. Congrats!

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
13,002 Posts
Cams would be the only money I would spend on the vision. I'v had big horsepower bikes before and they are so much fun on days you need a uplift.
Good for you Vin I hope you have a easy install

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Mill or lathe? Part spinner or tool spinner?
Both. Right now I'm running a vertical lathe with a 2 foot chuck. Before this, I was bouncing from a horizontal mill to a vertical mill. Random manual machine work in between. Definitely a big variety of work. What about you?

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I'm jealous. I'm a machinist too (if you can count watching machining videos on youtube!) :D :D :D

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm 90% CNC lathe with some live tooling. Bridgeport when repairing or making tooling and chucker now and then.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
I'm 90% CNC lathe with some live tooling. Bridgeport when repairing or making tooling and chucker now and then.
The plan is to have me run this vertical lathe more often than not. The stuff my employer uses it for are pretty basic, but big and heavy. It's pretty cool to watch it take a .400 depth of cut face pass. The spindle load meter never goes above 60 percent. Fill up hoppers rather quickly!:laugh I'm running some live tooling in it as well. Little bit of everything.

1 - 20 of 175 Posts