Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Thursday I finally broke down and bought a 2014 Cross Country in Suede Silver with flames. Also got a drivers backrest, passenger backrest (in black) and the passenger handgrips. I'm getting a ride down to the dealer in a couple hours to ride her home. I am very excited to be back on a Victory. Can't wait to start farkling her. In fact I have already purchased the Madstad brackets. Since this post is worthless without pics, I will try to attach one.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
They come painted like that? Never seen one before like that. Enjoy

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Excellent choice. I think these bikes are so big that breaking up all that color with flames or anything else is a wise choice. (I have a red XCT, which, with the topcase, has even more color.)

You probably don't worry about cold in AZ, but if you feel too much buffeting you may want to look into getting Vic or aftermarket lowers for the crashbars, and possibly Vic winglets for the fairing. The Madstad is nice -- I have one, too -- but it can't do the job alone.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. It is a "custom factory paint" from Ma Vic. It has been since November since I've ridden and definitely happy to be back in the saddle.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bill, I agree about the lowers and such. I'm thinking about Dustin's lowers maybe and the winglets. I'll give it some time to see how bad the buffeting is. I knew that would be an issue as it normally is with bikes like this (not full fairings). Farkling is fun but expensive.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Bill, I agree about the lowers and such. I'm thinking about Dustin's lowers maybe and the winglets. I'll give it some time to see how bad the buffeting is. I knew that would be an issue as it normally is with bikes like this (not full fairings). Farkling is fun but expensive.
Expensive? Ah, as someone pointed out to me here just yesterday, "it only hurts once." And you'll want to get those passenger grab rails powder-coated black, too, right? (The beefiest grab rails I've ever come across, but they make only in chrome, right? And what with all that great-looking blacked out other stuff on the bike...)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
being old i had to look up"farkling". thought it might be a body
function.:p
nice bike! enjoy!

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Oh, and how about some black bag guards?

·
Registered
173 Posts
You're gonna love it! Congrats on the new ride. I like the paint too. You might want to do your farkling in private, you could get arrested for doing it in public:ltr:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bill, sounds like you are spending my money pretty fast. Lol. I do intent to get the passenger handholds black powder coated as well as the driver backrest if I have chrome showing. I am also looking at the bag guards in chrome that will need to be powder coated as well. I really like the fact that the XC lends itself to individual accessorizing and personalization. Now, if you all don't mind, I need to go farkle.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Man , that's a looker , good luck !cheers

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Thanks guys. It is a "custom factory paint" from Ma Vic. It has been since November since I've ridden and definitely happy to be back in the saddle.
Just to mention, that the flames are all painted by hand at the factory....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone. I have her home now and loving her. I did notice I made an error in post #7 when referencing lowers. I was actually talking about the nice lowers made by Goody2667, not Dustin. I got my handles mixed up. In the event either guy read the post, I apologize.

As far as the bike is concerned, she looks and rides awesome. The only issue - which I knew I would have - is some pretty heavy head buffeting coming off the blade windscreen. Knowing that when I bought her, I already ordered the Madstad brackets. So hopefully that will fix the issue with the stock blade. Otherwise I will get a slightly larger windscreen. One thing at a time though.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Congrats on your purchase!! Wishing you many happy miles of riding!! cheerscheers

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. It looks great. I think it is the best color in the '14 lineup.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
... I did notice I made an error in post #7 when referencing lowers. I was actually talking about the nice lowers made by Goody2667, not Dustin. I got my handles mixed up. In the event either guy read the post, I apologize...
You can edit your previous posts by clicking the "edit" button.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Love it! then again I'm partial to the flame bikes. :) Just curious though....it looks like none of the '14s come with the forged bars standard. The forged bars are still available...as an accessory...for $599! Have they been relegated to option status? They were standard on my '13.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts