Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought long and hard about trading/selling my '10 for a '12 Tour but decided I'd take too much of a financial bath. Plus, my bike runs great and it's setup well for our riding already. So, I put my parts list together and shopped around. I decided to go with Don Wood Victory parts. Great guys. I spent the $$$ yesterday for the bars, lowers, locks, iPhone connector and the air management kit.

I also considered waiting for awhile to see what the aftermarket would produce and decided I wanted the air management system before the fall/winter riding season. It's been unseasonably cool and windy this summer and I expect the riding season to be cool this year.

I already wired the bike for our electric vests. I'll probably add the heated seats/grips later this year, as well.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to putting on the new system. I'll post pics and detail the install later.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I am looking into this also, I have a couple requests for quote out at different dealers.

Did Don Wood give a good discount off MSRP?

I just got my XC in May, like you I don't want to take the financial hit of getting a new one, although the red is tempting.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Im in the same boatthumb up. 2011 with Lloydz cams, PC-V, heated grips, XM, special plug and rheostadt for heated grips, +++.

Where is Don Woods Victory?

Be sure to post when you get them. I plan to do the same as you.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am looking into this also, I have a couple requests for quote out at different dealers.

Did Don Wood give a good discount off MSRP?
Yep. 20% off retail.

I just got my XC in May, like you I don't want to take the financial hit of getting a new one, although the red is tempting.
Im in the same boatthumb up. 2011 with Lloydz cams, PC-V, heated grips, XM, special plug and rheostadt for heated grips, +++.

Where is Don Woods Victory?
Athens, OH. I chose them because Internet tax is free! I'd have to pay ~10% tax if I bought the parts local in CA.

Be sure to post when you get them. I plan to do the same as you.
Absolutely!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I used Don Woods for my trunk and some other parts. Prices are great.

·
Premium Member
13,276 Posts
Just to let you guys know I can do hard lowers for anyone for about $788, oh and that's with free shipping! just let me know if you want pricing that's why I'm here!!!! thumb up
That's a very good price. Thanks for the heads-up.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
That's a very good price. Thanks for the heads-up.
Yea and that just on those. If you buy through me I'm not doing 10% 15% or even 20% off...I'm making bigger waves doing more like dealer Cost plus. So really if you need anything hit me up. I'll give you the best price I can.

OH! Just to let you guys know. If your just a normal customer and walk into Honda east you will get 20% off. We love making deals!!!:)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea and that just on those. If you buy through me I'm not doing 10% 15% or even 20% off...I'm making bigger waves doing more like dealer Cost plus. So really if you need anything hit me up. I'll give you the best price I can.

OH! Just to let you guys know. If your just a normal customer and walk into Honda east you will get 20% off. We love making deals!!!:)
Good to know. I'll be buying the new heated seat and grips next month. I'll hit you up.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Good to know, my hope is Victory comes out with the lowers that will work on the non tubular tip overs in the XC, then I am in. Thanks

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good to know, my hope is Victory comes out with the lowers that will work on the non tubular tip overs in the XC, then I am in. Thanks
They have them already, the soft lowers. If you're hoping for hard lowers that fit on the standard XC forged bar, you're going to be waiting a long, long time...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Where do you live?

"It's been unseasonably cool and windy this summer and I expect the riding season to be cool this year."

We just set a record here in South Texas for 70 days in a row of 100+ temps. The lowest high for the next 5 days is 104. Should set the record for a number of days to come. Looking forward to that unseasonably cool weather.

·
Registered
573 Posts
So, I put my parts list together and shopped around. I decided to go with Don Wood Victory parts. Great guys.

Jagular, I know this has been posted before, but would you mind posting the list of required parts? I thinks its hard lowers, wind deflectors, round crashbars, plus??? I realize some of the parts are optional (new windshield. Ipad connector), but would appreciate your list.

thx

greg

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jagular, I know this has been posted before, but would you mind posting the list of required parts? I thinks its hard lowers, wind deflectors, round crashbars, plus??? I realize some of the parts are optional (new windshield. Ipad connector), but would appreciate your list.

thx

greg
Of course. Here are the parts, numbers and retail prices:

Kit Deflectors (2878527): $149.99
Chrome Highway Bar (2878325): 349.99
Kit-Cord,iPod (2878628): $99.99
Kit-lock,doors,lower(2878629): $34.99
Hard lower kit, black (2878543-266): $899.99

Obviously, the lowers themselves have specific paint code numbers, so the black is -266. You can go on the Pure Polaris site to find the one you need.

I haven't ordered the seat yet but the '12 heated seat has a new part number, as well.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The '12 XC Tour heated seat part number is 2878625.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Of course. Here are the parts, numbers and retail prices:

Kit Deflectors (2878527): $149.99
Chrome Highway Bar (2878325): 349.99
Kit-Cord,iPod (2878628): $99.99
Kit-lock,doors,lower(2878629): $34.99
Hard lower kit, black (2878543-266): $899.99
Thx Jagular! Just ordered the stuff from Kate at Toledo East. Got everything except the ipod (I have the Sirius/XM). Can't wait to try it.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thx Jagular! Just ordered the stuff from Ksste at Toledo East. Got everything except the ipod (I have the Sirius/XM). Can't wait to try it.
Nice! Congrats. thumb up

The charges hit my bank account yesterday and I'm hoping the parts are here next week.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Nice! Congrats. thumb up

The charges hit my bank account yesterday and I'm hoping the parts are here next week.
Just got a chance to actually see the system..visiting my mom in northern Arizona and the dealership here had one on the showroom. The lowers are "big" but I am sure they will work, plus I liked the vent system and the air management system. I am hopefull it will also work reasonably well with a shorter windshield (i.e. buffeting)cheers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts