Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm working on replacing my handle bars and I've got the fairing off. Next step is to remove the dash panel. Problem is that there are 4 screws - two on each side - that are right in front of the fork and I'll be damned if I can't figure out how to get those screws out. Can someone impart their experience/wisdom to this poor sod and tell me how to get these damn things out? Thanks...

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Those 4 screws are a PITA to get to. Not really a trick that I know of to get them out, although a long ball end hex helps.
Here is a video from Witchdoctors that explains it all
(thanks again Jon!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIXN8K3WwQQ

·
Registered
161 Posts
I took a Allen key to the grinder

Aequitas Veritas 2012 XC, imperial blue, Ness mitered bars, D&D exhaust, Ness deep cut grips-pegs-mirrors-gas cap, Hot Vic custom seat, Hot Vic 21" front wheel kit, custom flame paint, Vicbagger imperial blue contrast cut speaker grills

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Did this twice now. I used the short end of an L-shaped hex key: insert, turn a bit, re-insert... repeat. Same deal for the two underneath the dash part that hangs over the tank. It's possible that a really long hex key that has a ball-end would work.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I went to home depot and bought a long screwdriver type allen with a ball on the end. makes those bolts easier than anything after that. watch the witchdoctors video that another just posted and you will understand. Also, Mark all of your connections with tape and numbers, makes it so much easier (not that the vast majority of cables are interchangeable, but it helps in not forgetting to plug something in, as there is a lot of unused connectors in there).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts