Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 Empulse pulls forward even when the clutch is fully engaged. It came from the factory like this. Is this normal for any type of bike? The dealer mechanic said some dirt bikes are set up like this. Can anybody explain how to adjust the clutch. I am a little worried about the effect on the transmission. Thanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
No, your bike should not be pulling with the clutch pulled in. It needs to be adjusted and it's not that hard to do. Here's the Witchdoctors video on Victory clutch adjustement. Sorry, I'm not familiar with the Empulse, but this should be pretty close, if not exact to your bike.

·
Premium Member
4,894 Posts
FYI...

Clutches are normally engaged. They are held in engagement by a spring. The engine is connected to the driveline and you have to put the transmission in neutral or pull the clutch lever if you don't want the engine and driveline connected.

When you pull the clutch lever you are overcoming the spring and DIS-engaging the clutch. You don't 'engage' the clutch by pulling the lever, you 'disengage' the clutch by pulling the lever.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts