Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are they and how do they work?

·
Registered
257 Posts
What are they and how do they work?
Good question, I was wandering the same thing. Administrator some help please.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Not the Admin but a Push notification is kinda like getting a text message that an App you are following had a change. Usually it notifies you when a conversation you've been part of has a new entry. If you look in Alerts on your phone you will see where to turn them on or off.

Personally I find them kind of annoying. You phone goes "Ding" every few minutes.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Exactly what above says but you can also have that crap on your desktop web browser.
Do you really want your computer or phone to ding you for everything on here? Probably not.

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have notifications turned off on my phone and computer. I have no e-mail set up on my phone and e-mail notifications turned off in my Victory Forums setting. So I was not getting notifications anyway and don't want to. I just went into my forum settings and turned all push notifications off.

·
Administrator
552 Posts
These are out of browser notifications so you can be made aware of things on the site without having to sit on the site at all times!

That's what Mine looked like this morning, and it popped up like a toaster, and also dismissed itself rather rapidly.

let me know if I need to clarify further. Starting at the following release, this notification will also establish a way to permanently dismiss it. We just wanted to let y'all know of it's existence first!
-Gerrit

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
Ford Focus hey!....

every time I sign in it asks me if I want them, Push Notifications that is.
Yes or Not Now?...
where is the NO option?
gets annoying every time I log in.

·
Administrator
552 Posts
Ford Focus hey!....

every time I sign in it asks me if I want them, Push Notifications that is.
Yes or Not Now?...
where is the NO option?
gets annoying every time I log in.
We have made some adjustments to the Pushy Push notifications so you should be able to exit out of it for good shortly.

Jeff M

1 - 8 of 8 Posts