Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So 4 of us linked up today to do the famous Putty Rd run (Route shown below). Dernel and I met at 7 and then picked the other 2 up at Windsor. There is some picturesque landscape on this ride- shame I’m a bloody hopeless photographer. Some photos are attached- we could have taken some great ones at lookouts and stuff if we’d thought of it- next time hopefully. At one stage at about 1pm at Wollombi the temp hit 36 degrees Celsius (97 farking Fahrenheit)- too bloody hot!

There would have been more of us but last week was the Victory 15th anniversary ride from Sydney and Melbourne meeting in Eden, which a lot of Victory riders went to (maybe 60 or so?), which we couldn’t go to because of work commitments. We will do another Sydney ride in a month or so and there should be a good gathering for that.

Enjoy thumb up

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Great ride...wafting stench of roadkill..keeps you concentrating..
photo attached is a googled one...but you get the picture...

at high 30's celcius mark..they are pretty rank..

Two thumbs up for Avon tyres..

Derek cheers :) :D thumb up

Attachments

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
You Australians are killing me !!!!!!!!! Just kidding fella's , looks like a great day to ride . I'm just dyeing to ride, but mother nature has other plans and decided to dump 3 ft of snow on my yard this winter .....

·
Registered
185 Posts
hey dude..look at that blue sky and weep.....

we get to ride about 75% of the year...fair weather fairy here..if black clouds in the sky..we go to the Pub....beer is better than wet riding...

Keep that shiny side up....

Anytime you would like some more Ausssie photos..let us know...
i am away for work next week..but we could get you some blue sky tourist shots in front of our opera house...harbour bridge..and so on...

or F... it..jump on a plane and come and ride with us...

cheers,

Derek cheers cheers

PS Beer is tasting great after around 400km today...arse is sore though..

(OK no smart remarks...vic seats need some padding ..especially on our roads..)

·
Registered
185 Posts
More roadkill shots....

trust me when the big brown mice jump in front of you..you dont want this...

cows and kangaroos scare me on a bike....:crzy:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You Australians are killing me !!!!!!!!! Just kidding fella's , looks like a great day to ride . I'm just dyeing to ride, but mother nature has other plans and decided to dump 3 ft of snow on my yard this winter .....
Hahaha....that's the intent :D

Actually it's a damn shame we are worlds apart coz I reckon we would all have blast tearing the neighbourhood up together.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Fark..google..thats a deer...

we also have to avoid these fellows..like hitting concrete..it's called a wombat..

cheers

Derek

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Saw a couple of dead wombats out on the road today.
Hate to hit one on a bike.

Nice ride today guys, thanks, I enjoyed a ocean swim afterwards and am just firing up the BBQ ... beer in hand.
Life is good! Why would you live elsewhere?
I believe n the US they have to garage their bikes for months at a time due to something called winter.
Now that would really suck.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you see that dead goanna on the road? I thought it was a snake at first, then I saw the legs. It must have been 3 feet long.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Saw a couple of dead wombats out on the road today.
Hate to hit one on a bike.

Nice ride today guys, thanks, I enjoyed a ocean swim afterwards and am just firing up the BBQ ... beer in hand.
Life is good! Why would you live elsewhere?
I believe n the US they have to garage their bikes for months at a time due to something called winter.
Now that would really suck.
Did you take any photos- can you post them? Thanks mate.

·
Registered
185 Posts
No missed that one..but for american cousins this is what they look like...

Thank F..rk there were no huge spiders around today..

Derek cheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yeah it did actually look like that- same colours.

Meanwhile, half of Australia is tonight burning......extremes weather at both the north and south hemispheres it seems. I see England is being hammered by floods again, Tokyo has had record snow....winter in the US/Canada worst for 50 years....

·
Registered
185 Posts
38C-100F...happy with the deal we get....

At least we can ride....

cheers

·
Registered
185 Posts
by the way..forgot to mention..couple of good steaks in that goanna...

if you hit one and get the backstrap off quickly..they are great on the BBQ..

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
by the way..forgot to mention..couple of good steaks in that goanna...

if you hit one and get the backstrap off quickly..they are great on the BBQ..
:ltr::ltr::ltr:

You're a regular Crocodile Dundee.....:D

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good looking Hammer. What kind of wheels are those on it?
Thanks SB. They are the Ness 10-gauge wheels. Changing the front to a 23" and really screwed up my handling though, which is not good.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Some more shots from the ride..cheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Thanks SB. They are the Ness 10-gauge wheels. Changing the front to a 23" and really screwed up my handling though, which is not good.
Maybe you could trade them up. I see they make an 18x5.5" rear and a 21x3.5" front. I bet a Hammer would sail thru turns like a magic carpet so equipped. Hmmm...

Prolly need to replace the whole swingarm assembly to do that though, I imagine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts