Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Why do you guys like this? I don't know why but it seems like it would give you less control. Just hoping to understand =) Asked before searching sorry.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
it shortens the throw by about 1/4 turn, it does not go from idle to wot in 1/4 turn, it should be this way from the factory and a person would never know the difference

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Drew is 100% correct... By shortening the turn I feel I have more control as it goes from WOT to closed much quicker.

·
Super Moderator
4,986 Posts
I know I've seen how to make one out of pvc but I can't find it.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
yep i made mine out of a 1" pvc coupler, cut to size, little touchup with a grinder and some glue.

·
Super Moderator
4,986 Posts
yep i made mine out of a 1" pvc coupler, cut to size, little touchup with a grinder and some glue.
That's what I'm looking to do.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thank you very much for the video. That guy really knows his stuff. But OMG that is allot of prep for a 20 dollar part.
Question. Do you have to change or adjust the throttle cable? Mine seems ever so slightly sloppy at the start of the turn of the throttle. This mod now sounds perfect. Can't wait to get one. I have a saw and a bench sled just would need to fab the jig. may give it a go will see.

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
CaliPhil, it is sooooo easy and fun to do, if you buy the plastic you can make it

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CaliPhil, it is sooooo easy and fun to do, if you buy the plastic you can make it
I am sure I could make it and may give it a go. I just have a knack for making something simple pretty hard. I have never had a throttle apart and feel intimidated for some dumb reason. I'm a strange one I am :wink

·
Registered
169 Posts
I am sure I could make it and may give it a go. I just have a knack for making something simple pretty hard. I have never had a throttle apart and feel intimidated for some dumb reason. I'm a strange one I am :wink
It's really nothing to be intimidated by. It's a very simple application. Took me all of 5mins on the throttle side by myself to swap out my grips.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts