Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2000 SC that has a D&D up swept pipe and a performance chip and that’s the only mods. I know of. She has a little over 64000 mi. on her and for the most part still runs great. She had 4000 when I bought her in 2003.

A couple of months ago she started spitting, sputtering and backfiring really bad. I had this same problem a long time ago and it turned out to be the TPS, so I went to NAPA and got a new one, an echlin # 2-19187. I’m wondering if this is the right one because up until I changed it out my bike always ran a little rich and now she’s running very lean, I can tell cause the the rear pipe is getting very discolored by the heat. I also live near Wilmington, NC and it gets hot here in the summer. The bike runs fine when I first start it up but if the temps around 85 or higher and I ride for a while then stop for a little, sometimes when I go to start up it will misfire, spit, sputter and I’ll have to shut her down. Then if I let her sit and cool off for about 45 mins to an hr I can start her up and ride like normal. Also, I never had this problem before I put this TPS on the bike.

I’m wondering if this is because when I installed the new TPS it changed the fuel mapping or something. There is a Vic dealer here in Wilmington but I don’t necessarily trust them. So I’m hoping I can get a little advise from someone out there and find out what I need to do to fix this. Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kevinx, I was hoping you'd reply thank you. I noticed when I put the TPS on there really wasn't any adjustment to it. How do I go about this because I really don't know.
An anyone out there that wants to start with the comments about not knowing what I'm doing go right ahead I'm a big boy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts