Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is one thing that sorta bugs me about the Cross Country Tour, the relative small brake and signal lights. Are there any aftermarket plug and go replacements that are larger in nature that looks good too.

Or has anyone done something that addresses that. Yes, I'm used to the big things my Harley has but I know they can be seen. I've been behind Victory's and other than the Vision the brake lights don't stand out and get your attention very well.

I honestly don't even remember seeing a directional light so that has me concerned too. I know they look good but I'm function over looks kind of guy. Attack me if you want but I have to address my concerns with any bike regardless of brand.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Yes the lights are small but they are also very bright and conspicuous from a distance.

Having said that, I also added Hyper-Lites that flash when the brake is applied.

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have a 2015 XCT. From a 2010 XC that I had, I moved the Custom Dynamics Flashing LED license plate frame with 2--8 LED Hyper-lites mounted on the left and right side of the frame. Hyper-lites has them in 16 LED sets also, and I believe in running/taillight combination and I believe some also have amber turn signals built in. Suggest you check their site. I'm very satisfied with mine.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
I added the Kuryakyn saber tooth lights. they are running lights and brake lights. Thought they added a nice touch to the back end. These are plug and go. Picked my lights up for $114 online where other sites were wanting $120-148.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Here's the Sabertooth lights at night - brake lights on. They really light up your ass end.
IMG_2055.jpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I added the Kuryakyn saber tooth lights. they are running lights and brake lights. Thought they added a nice touch to the back end. These are plug and go.
I like that. Do you have them functioning as directional lights as well? That would certainly address my concern in the rear. I really don't think it matters in the front with directionals. Few pay attention there anyway these days. Since I don't presently have a Vic, do the saddlebags come off like Harley's or are they permanent? If they come off, just how much of a hassle is the wiring to those bags then? I only take mine off to clean the rear wheel anyway. One final question, was the installation near plug and play or was it a little complicated? I do think they look good. I was thinking I might have to get some plasma sticks but this would work just fine. Thanks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
viccowboy,

They are only running lights and brake lights. I wish they coiuld be offered as turn signals also. I added them so people behind me would see me as I am stopping. It was a plug and play. The only time consuming thing was deciding how to run them from the bags to the plug in. Ride Safe.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
There is one thing that sorta bugs me about the Cross Country Tour, the relative small brake and signal lights. Are there any aftermarket plug and go replacements that are larger in nature that looks good too.
Have you been behind one while driving before? They are pretty bright and noticeable, compared to other bikes

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
I too have Hyper lights. They are brake light with flasher and turn signal lights . They work well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have you been behind one while driving before? They are pretty bright and noticeable, compared to other bikes
Yes I have and that's my concern. Small and bright just isn't as good as big and bright.:laugh On a PGR mission I followed one so I saw just how much they show up. Just not enough for me but it looks like a combination of add-ons will solve my concern. Not a problem now.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
viccowboy,

They are only running lights and brake lights. I wish they coiuld be offered as turn signals also. I added them so people behind me would see me as I am stopping. It was a plug and play. The only time consuming thing was deciding how to run them from the bags to the plug in. Ride Safe.
After thinking about it, I don't thin it would be too difficult to make these turn signals. However, I'd be worries about the load on the control module...

·
Registered
295 Posts
After thinking about it, I don't thin it would be too difficult to make these turn signals. However, I'd be worries about the load on the control module...
Custom Dynamics has a plug and play solution:
Victory Run Brake Turn Controller
Item: GEN-VIC-ILL-02
Price: $118.95 each

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Custom Dynamics has a plug and play solution:
Victory Run Brake Turn Controller
Item: GEN-VIC-ILL-02
Price: $118.95 each
I was hoping there might be something like that available. So does this resolve the concern mentioned above or is it still buyer beware?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I haven't used this product, but do have their brake light modulator. It works well and installed easily. CD is a reputable company with great products.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts