Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been excited about the Victory Hammer. I was looking at the dealer and they said many times if you test ride one at a show, they will give you a voucher for $1,000 a new Victory Motorcycle for a short time after the show.

I signed up to go to progressive's international motorcycle show in Long Beach to test ride one. is there a way to see if they give these discounts. It would really seal the deal as far as whether I would buy one. I am hoping but I don't want to be disappointed. Have any of you heard about this? and is it a thing?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
So I have been excited about the Victory Hammer. I was looking at the dealer and they said many times if you test ride one at a show, they will give you a voucher for $1,000 a new Victory Motorcycle for a short time after the show.

I signed up to go to progressive's international motorcycle show in Long Beach to test ride one. is there a way to see if they give these discounts. It would really seal the deal as far as whether I would buy one. I am hoping but I don't want to be disappointed. Have any of you heard about this? and is it a thing?
I would call them to see if the Demo truck is going to be there. The 1000 off coupon could be the demo truck discount which if you attend a demo truck day you can recieve a coupon for 1K off. Check victorymotorcycle.com for current rebates as well

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea well it does say that all the victory models will be there for demo's. I just don't know if it an official Victory Demo day. I am guessing it is.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
They will give you a promo coupon after your ride.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I went to an event at a local dealer and I didn't get the coupon until about a week later in my email.

·
13,177 Posts
Before you buy one check out the dealer. Have them give you a tour of the shop and parts. Find out how long the tech have been working on bikes. Ask the tech so you don't get filled with BS.
Get the 500 mile service thrown in and then you'll save a couple hundred bucks.
There are a lot of poor victory dealers out there that tell you BS and don't want to help after the sale

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
shop for preowned!

i got lucky i guess, lookin at hammers for a while, ideally trading my 06 XL1200L with upgrades, harley dealer had a trade in 8xx on a 13 ride was too firm owner said, listed at 11,000 on line 10,500 in the showroom, i asked 6,000 for my sporty he come to 5,000 out the door down the road with a big smile!!! bike had cobra upgraded pipe with air filter dealer download. only thing it needed was a quality shock that smoothed the ride considerably! i am lovin my Hammer, come on SPRINGTIME!!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
i got lucky i guess, lookin at hammers for a while, ideally trading my 06 XL1200L with upgrades, harley dealer had a trade in 8xx on a 13 ride was too firm owner said, listed at 11,000 on line 10,500 in the showroom, i asked 6,000 for my sporty he come to 5,000 out the door down the road with a big smile!!! bike had cobra upgraded pipe with air filter dealer download. only thing it needed was a quality shock that smoothed the ride considerably! i am lovin my Hammer, come on SPRINGTIME!!!!
Going the same route as you, trading in a 2013 Daytona 675r, however its not listed in the KBB so it's gonna be a good ole negotiation war.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
trading in

bought a 2012 bonneville at end of model year, "tried" to trade but with a list of $7700 for bonnie made it hard, they offered $3500!!!!!!!! i had $5900 in upgrades to the 06 sportster mostly functional curing the very poor brakes + suspension was costly! i tested a 13 not so superglide it had same shortcomings as the sporty and handling for the very short test felt poor. IMO just a sportster with a larger engine + slightly bigger frame, same good looks that drew me to the sportster, it listed at $13,xxx. finding a Vic at a Triumph dealer prolly even harder! i suspect you belong to triumphrat forums placing an add there and other free places you could get lucky, not sure if theres a vic dealer that sells triumphs as well. good luck!! you do not show where you live which is NOT a good idea, getting help from members as well as how your location effects other stuff as if your in a cold state bike sales are poor this time of year, i also tried to trade on a BEAUTIFUL 2008 hammer premium in berwick pa, like new 1,xxx on the clock but car dealer that sold a few bikes said he was trying to reduce inventory $$$ for the winter so no trades!!! i love my 13 hammer but that 08 as well as other early models looked better than mine, dual discs + lots of polished + chromed parts, it looked absolutely BRAND NEW!!!!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I got it all done yesterday, but here is the kicker. I walked in gunning for a Hammer, walked out, I mean rode out on a Vegas 8 Ball! I fell in love with the Vegas when I saw in amongst the sea of Victory's. I got 10.5k for my Triumph and the Vegas for 12,800 OTD. They are a Triumph, Victory, and KTM dealer, same guys I bought the bike from real great experience. Could I have gotten more for my triumph? Sure, privately, but I've been down that road too many times to count, with 1 bad experience (guy dropped it in the driveway). So I took the deal and left happy and for the first time no regrets or "If only" thoughts.

Yes pics to come soon :) Put 100 miles on it already since yesterday, gonna do more, just stopped to type this. But this bike is leaps and bounds passed a Harley. Very happy I went with it.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I got it all done yesterday, but here is the kicker. I walked in gunning for a Hammer, walked out, I mean rode out on a Vegas 8 Ball! I fell in love with the Vegas when I saw in amongst the sea of Victory's. I got 10.5k for my Triumph and the Vegas for 12,800 OTD. They are a Triumph, Victory, and KTM dealer, same guys I bought the bike from real great experience. Could I have gotten more for my triumph? Sure, privately, but I've been down that road too many times to count, with 1 bad experience (guy dropped it in the driveway). So I took the deal and left happy and for the first time no regrets or "If only" thoughts.

Yes pics to come soon :) Put 100 miles on it already since yesterday, gonna do more, just stopped to type this. But this bike is leaps and bounds passed a Harley. Very happy I went with it.
Congrats on your new bike!! As for test riders on buying a bike I'm selling, I never, and I mean never let anyone test ride any bike I'm selling unless i have the agreed upon purchase price in CASH in my hand. Never, ever, ever. I may lose a sale but never a bike.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
good for you

glad you got a good deal! selling privately can be a pain, lots of people want to buy it for CHEAP when the time comes. i was happy to trade, save some tax money and ride home deal complete + paid in full!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts